Chapter 32

V: Your going to the dance with him?!

Y: No...

K: what do you mean no!

Y: Well... yes

V: what do you mean yes!

Y: you guys both asked and I didn't know what to do ok?

V: ok it's been long enough y/n today, you need to choose. You've been playing with us long enough choose now or... you'll lose both of us.

K: the one time I actually agree with him.

Y: Im not playing with anyone's heart ok I can't control my feelings.

Vallyk steps closer to me

V: look we understand that you have feelings, but we do too. And you've kept us waiting long enough.

I tried to come up with something to argue with but he's right. I've been paying attention to my feelings way too much I didn't even think about their feelings.

I have to think quick if I choose Vallyk, well.. I'll be happy. I love him, I always have and I see myself with him in the future. But Kenny just told me he has depression and being with me helped him, what if he hurts himself?

Y: I choose...

Kenny.

I look over at Vallyk and I can see his heart break through his eyes.

Y: Vallyk Im so s-

He scoffs and walks away.

I try to fake a smile at Kenny but, I can't hold it this time. My smile quickly turns to a sob.

Kenny comes to me and holds me tight. To be honest I wanted to push him off at this moment but I also didn't want to be alone.

***
I get home feeling like a piece of my heart has been ripped out. I really wanted to choose Vallyk but Kenny has depression and I wouldn't want him to hurt himself cause of me.I don't know if I could handle that guilt.

I receive a call from Kenny

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow. Maybe shop for the dance, we could match!"

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea. Hey if it's alright with you, I'm kind of tired I just want to go to sleep."

"Oh yea- sorry yea, you should sleep."

I climb into my bed and curl up with my knows by my chin.

I start to cry. I just wish that things were easier.
***
One day until the dance
I wake up to my alarm. I groan as I punch the alarm clock to stop.

I do my morning routine, then get into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. After that I head downstairs to the kitchen.

K: hey y/n, so did you do it?

Y: Yea..

She looks at me with a puzzled expression

K: then how come you don't look happy?

Y: Because I chose Kenny..

K: what!! I thought you said you wanted to be with Vallyk

Y: i did, and I still do. It's just that Kenny has depression and I didn't want him to do something bad to himself If I rejected him.

K: well I don't think that's a good idea, because when you tell him the truth it's gonna hurt even more. And you will tell him the truth... right?

I pause before answering.

Y: i don't know...

***
I get to school, stop my engine, then slowly get out of the car. I didn't want to get inside because I knew I would have to face Vallyk.

I get to my locker and put in the combination. I gather all my things when hands slip under my arms on my hips. I turn around to see Kenny.

K: hey. You feelin better from yesterday?

Y; a little bit.

K: Well, I just wanted to see you before class.

He leans in to peck my lips. I weakly return the favor. He then waves then walks away, disappearing into the group of students in the hallway.

A few moments later I walk into first period, me and Vallyk make eye contact.

I'm not as prepared as I thought I was to see him. I walk to my seat fighting the tears threatening to escape.

Just have to make it through this class and I'll be fine.

***
The bell finally rings, I quickly gather my things then flee the classroom.

As soon as I enter my second class I'm greeted by Kenny.

K: hey, I missed you.

I start to get a little annoyed by Kenny, It's only cute when Vallyk is the one being clingy.

Y: hey. You too.

The rest of the class I try to talk to Kenny as less as possible trying to pay attention to my lessons.

Just last the rest of this class then I can get away from my Kenny and Vallyk problems for a little bit.

***
It's the end of the day and I go to my locker to organize my book bag to take home.

I see Kenny walk up through peripheral vision.

K: hey again!

Y: hey.

I say this while keeping my eyes on my locker. There's a long pause before he says something

K: y/n, do you like me? Like really?

I'm stunned by the question

Y: What- yes of course I do why would you say that?

K: because you just seem a little distracted and just distant.

Y: Im not distant, like I said I'm not feeling well I just don't wanna pass on whatever I have to you.

If only he knew what I've come down with was heartbreak.

Y: And your right I am distracted because-

I have to think of something and quick!

The dance! Yea, this is my first dance and no ones ever really wanted to go with me so, it's just a new experience for me...

K: oh that makes sense. Why don't we help you come down by shopping, the dance IS tomorrow!

Y: your right.

Kenny holds his hand out.

I take a deep breath, grab his hand, the walk our the doors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late update I just had a lot of school work to finish up but we did it!! Sorry if the chapter seems kind of rushed, that's because it kind of is lol. I'm writing this late and I have to wake up early for school but y'all don't care about that stuff so byeee ima gts now 🥰
P.s. sorry for typos I'm too lazy to fix sorry