Chapter 7: Catastrophe

Dear aunt Bex,

   I have made it through a whole week apart from you and everyone else. This school is a wonderful place. I have made amazing friendships with some incredible people. As I have mentioned, Blaise, Draco and I seem to be growing closer and closer everyday. They are great friends. Not to worry, I don't only have guy friends, my closest girl friend here is a girl named Hermione. You'd love her, she's not in my house but she is an incredibly talented witch. I have also made friends with her friends; Ron, Harry, Fred, George, Neville and Ginny. They are all in the same house, Gryffindor. Draco isn't their biggest fan but he refrains himself from saying anything nasty to them, at least when I'm around.

   Although my friends here are amazing, I have also made some enemies, better yet small rivals. As I mentioned in my last letter, Parkinson is still attacking me any chance she gets. Her attacks are pathetic; starting rumors, calling me names, trashing my side of the dorm, etc. I doubt she'll try anything else, but I'll keep you informed. How are things back home? How are you and uncle Marcel? I miss you both a great deal! I miss our chats that we would have over tea every Friday. I hope to hear from you soon,

Always and Forever,

Natalia Mikaelson

The next morning, in the dorm:

Narrator's POV:

"Daphne, did Astoria leave?" Pansy whispered. Natalia is asleep, it is morning.

"Yeah, I think she went downstairs already. Pans, why are we whispering?" she whispered back. Pansy held out her hand, open for Daphne to see what lay in it. A gumdrop. Daphne looked at Pansy, confused.

Pansy rolled her eyes. "It has the potion we learned last week on it, the suffocating potion. All I have to do is blow it up and the room will suffocate anyone in it," she whispered, smiling proudly. Daphne's eyes widen.

"Pansy, you'll kill her!" she shouted in a whisper.

"Exactly! This will show her that no one speaks to me the way she did! Besides she's a blood sucker, Daph, she won't die!" Pansy whispered back rolling her eyes at Daphne's ignorance. This however did not seem to calm Daphne down, but she nodded and stayed quiet. "Now, c'mon, let's get this over with!" Pansy put the gumdrop on the floor, near Natalia's bed. They walked over to the door, opened it and from the outside Pansy pulled out her wand, pointed it at the gumdrop and yelled "Bombarda!" and quickly shut the door closed and ran down into the common room.

Astoria had heard the slam and was just coming out of the bathroom when she saw the explosion. The air left her lungs and she began coughing loudly. Natalia awoke hearing the explosion and Astoria's coughing. She could feel no air in her lungs as well. Her vision was blurry but she could see as Astoria fell to the ground, passed out. Natalia, barely breathing grabbed the young witch in her arms, and sped out of the room. Thank god for vamp speed! They collapsed onto the common room floor. All eyes around her startled and confused as Natalia was catching her breath and trying to wake the young witch. Draco and Blaise were walking down the stairs when they spotted the girl. They ran to her, extremely worried. From the other side of the common room, Pansy and Daphne were hiding from the scene, until Daphne heard Natalia speak.

Natalia's POV:

"Astoria! Please wake up! *cough*" I pleaded. My whole body was in pain, but Astoria wouldn't wake up. Out of fear and instinct I bit my wrist, puncturing it open for it to bleed and brought it up to Astoria's lips. Please wake up!

"Bloody hell! Natalia, are you ok? What happened?" Blaise exclaimed, running over to me, Draco close behind. I was still coughing, unable to catch my breath when I heard Daphne's screams of horror, running towards us.