Chapter 31: Investigation

Nothing.

Not one word.

It was now Wednesday morning, two days since I sent Aunt Bex the letter and I haven't heard a single thing from her. I tried using the prism to talk to Hope but there was no answer. I even tried using the magic mirror to talk to dad but he didn't answer either.

Something is wrong, I can feel it.

"Mikaelson? Are you awake?" Vince asked from the other side of my door.

I shot up from my vanity chair, "Yes, Vince, I'll be right out," I replied.

"Alright," He said shortly.

I grabbed my book bag, throwing it over my shoulder, and ran out the door. I walked down to the common room.

Greg was reading the paper and it took me a moment to realize who was on the front page.

"Greg, may I?" I asked, motioning to the paper.

He nodded and handed me the paper. "Hogwarts under investigation after multiple allegations of sexual harassment have been filed. The accused: Adrian Pucey along with friends. The Wizengamot is unsure if this case will go to trial, decision is pending and will be revealed after the investigation led by Madam Dolores Umbridge."

I scoffed as I read and reread the article, which of course was written by none other than Rita Skeeter.

I slumped down on the couch, rolling my eyes, "Unbelievable!"

"What is it?" Blaise asked as he and Draco walked down the stairs.

I handed him the paper, "There's going to be an investigation. Apparently multiple girls coming forward isn't enough to take them to trial," I sighed as I shut my eyes and began rubbing my temples.

Blaise passed the paper to Draco who already had a scowl on his face from just hearing what I had said.

"Everything will be alright, love, you need to breathe," Blaise said as he sat beside me, throwing his arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him.

I sighed, "I've been so on edge, B."

He let out a quiet chuckle, "I've noticed, still no word from your aunt?"

I nodded, "From anyone, it's like they're ignoring me."

Draco sat down in front of me, on the other couch.

"Perhaps they will contact you tonight," Greg said as he rubbed my shoulder.

I nodded silently. After a second, I stood up, "Let's go guys, I am starving!" I laughed.

We walked together up to the Great Hall. It seems like everyone got their paper delivered early. Almost everyone had a copy in hand and was reading it right now.

Great.

I walked over to our table and took a seat, completely ignoring the stares and whispers that came from every other table. Rather than waiting for Draco to serve my plate, I did it myself today.

"Talia, let me-"

"No worries, I've got it," I smiled as I poured the milk onto my cereal.

He reached over to the bowl of fruit, grabbed a banana and began peeling it. Suddenly he grabbed my bowl and spoon and began slicing the banana with the spoon and letting the slices fall onto my cereal.

I didn't protest, instead I crossed my arms and looked around at the wandering eyes that were gawking at me. As soon as I made eye contact with them, they looked away.