Chapter 43: Dance Class

Dear Marco,                             Dec, 4th 1994

My hand is trembling as I write this. It is Friday morning, well 1 in the morning. Yet another sleepless night since Hope left. I act as though you know what's been happening, but now you don't even know who I am. It's quite pointless to write to you now I suppose. Either way, I can't sleep and this has always helped me sleep, you have always helped me-

I groaned as the tears spilled from my eyes and landed on the page. I thought this would help, but now I am weeping.

I plopped back onto my bed, my head feeling heavy. It has only been five days since Hope left and I have barely slept. It's childish, but when she was here I felt safe and protected. Now that she's gone, I only feel empty.

Again, I groaned. I have to get some rest today, we start dance classes for the Yule Ball, I have to be well rested.

I turned on my side, shutting my eyes and trying my hardest to sleep. Thirty minutes and I was still awake. I grunted as I sat up, getting out of bed.

I slipped on some slippers and a robe. Maybe a walk around the castle will work.

I strolled down to the common room, which was peacefully quiet. I exited out the portrait and began walking. The castle is lovely during the day but I much prefer it during the night. I walked up the stairs towards the Great Hall. It looks even bigger when it is empty. I made my way towards the professor's table, sitting down on Dumbledore's chair.

He really sees everything from here.

I chuckled as I stood up. I began making my way back to the regular tables when I suddenly heard a voice, two voices.

"Winky mustn't cry! Winky is free!" The first voice cheered. The second voice, Winky I assumed, only weeped harder.

The voices were coming from a door that stood beside the professor's table. The voices were squeaky, almost like a child's voice.

I shrugged it off and headed back to the common room. Plopping down on the couch, I glanced at the clock. It was now two in the morning.

I groaned again, plopping down on my back, dramatically.

"Hey! Go to your room! No loitering!" A voice grumbled from behind me.

I turned around and saw the Bloody Baron, clearly annoyed by my presence.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I began walking for the stairs. I stopped as I reached the two staircases. I was trying to avoid this, I don't want to bother them, but maybe they can help, "Fuck it."

I walked up the stairs to the boys dormitory. I found my friend's door quickly and knocked twice.

I could hear their sleepy voices from inside, fighting over who should open the door.

"You get it!"

"Bloody git!"

A voice groaned, "Enough, fucking wankers! I'll get it."

The door opened revealing a sleepy, shirtless Blaise. He squinted his eyes, scanning my face. His face quickly turned to worry, "Bellissima, are you alright?"

I shook my head, "Yes- well no- Not really, I can't sleep. Do you mind if I-"

"Come on in," He smiled softly, reaching for my hand.

I walked in and noticed that the other three boys were sitting up, confused and half asleep.

"Mikaelson, is everything alright?" Vince asked.