Chapter 10: Afternoon

We walked towards the exit of the common room, where we came across Miles.

"Hey Bletchley!" Blaise greeted.

"Hey guys, where are you off to?" Miles asked smiling at me. I smiled back at him but scooted closer to Draco. Miles is a sweet guy but his friend Adrian is a dick, so I try to maintain my distance. I know, I know, Miles has nothing to do with Adrian being a dick. But he sort of does, Miles has never told Adrian that what he's saying is wrong. He silently agrees with him.

"We are going to the Quidditch fields, we're going to teach Mikaelson how to fly a broom," Blaise said proudly. Miles' face dropped.

"Oh- sorry guys but Dumbledore said the Quidditch fields are prohibited this year. He doesn't want anyone flying or playing Quidditch, I think they are using the stands for the tournament so he wants to maintain them closed so that they don't get damaged," Miles explained apologetically.

"What! Oh c'mon mate, isn't there something you can do? I mean you could just pretend that you didn't see us here and then we can just sneak in to the fields..." Blaise suggested putting his arm around Bletchley. Miles let out a chuckle and removed Blaise's arm.

"Can't do that 'mate', it's against the rules," Miles said smiling sarcastically and walking inside the common room.

"Well... now what?" I asked crossing my arms. Blaise looked down at his watch and his eyes widened.

"Shit! It's four thirty! I was supposed to go pick up a book from the library for Ancient Runes, I need that extra credit," He said rubbing his forehead.

"Then let's go, I'll go with you," I said motioning for him to walk.

Draco spoke up. "You guys go, we'll meet up later in the courtyard," Vince and Greg nodded and they began to walk away. I turned to Blaise and we began walking towards the library. Once we arrived I helped him look through the shelves for the book but we couldn't find it. I decided to go up to the front desk to ask Madam Pince.

"Excuse me, Madam Pince. Do you know if you have a copy of Ancient Runes volume 6?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"Let me check dear," She said almost annoyed. She went into the back office and came back with a book. It was a check-out book. She started flipping through it, skimming the pages for the book. Then she stopped.

"Oh! Here it is, the last person to check it out was.. uh... Mr. Malfoy," She said looking up at me. "Does that help?" She asked me kindly. Draco has the book? Why didn't he say so?

"Um, yes thank you Madam Pince," I nodded slightly and turned around to find Blaise. He was trying to take a book away from a 6th year Ravenclaw.

"Blaise! Let's go, it's not here but I know who has it," I yelled in a hushed voice, pulling his arm away from the Ravenclaw. We walked out of the library.

"Who has the book?" Blaise asked in a normal voice.

I crossed my arms. "Draco," I said sternly and kept walking. Blaise and I walked in silence until we reached the first floor. We were going to the courtyard.

"But why would he have it and not tell me?" Blaise asked annoyed. "If he knew that I needed the book why make us go to the library?" I shrugged. We kept walking and then as we reached the entrance of the courtyard we saw Draco, Vince, Greg, Theo and Adrian all running towards us. They looked scared out of their minds. Draco's hair was all messy and he looked petrified. I heard him yell something back at someone. "Wait till my father hears about this!" Who is he talking to? I turned to look through the windows and caught sight of Moody with his wand pointed at where Draco was running from. What happened? Vince and Greg spotted Blaise and I and came to halt. Blaise and I have each other a confused look. Vince and Greg were panting, meanwhile Theo and Adrian ran right past us. Draco was the last one to arrive to where we were. He bent down, resting his hands on his knees and panting, clearly out of breath.