Chapter 26: Thursday

...This document officially prohibits the use of the name and picture of Natalia Mikaelson Pierce in any public paper such as the Daily Prophet. If this document is ignored, you will have to pay a fine of 200,000 galleons to the Mikaelson Family.

Sincerely,
Elijah Mikaelson, Former Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

I read the following paper over again and again that Uncle Elijah had sent over last week. I can't believe he was Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I was meant to give this paper to Rita Skeeter the next time she tried to snap a picture of me.

Tomorrow is dad's birthday and I still don't know what I will get him. I plan on owling him some chocolate frogs or pumpkin pasties. But I need an official gift, like something thoughtful not just candy.

"Mikaelson! Are you ready?" Greg called from outside my door.

"Yes, I'll be out in a second, Greg," I answered back while reaching for my backpack.

I walked out into the hall and down to the common room. I greeted the boys who were seated on the couches.

We walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. By the looks of it, the Durmstrang party is going to be packed. Everyone was whispering about it, planning their costumes and deciding what time to arrive.

I sat down in my normal spot, still deep in my thoughts.

"Do you want some coffee?" Blaise asked as he poured himself a cup.

"Yes please," I mumbled as he poured me a cup.

"Still thinking about the gift?" Draco asked.

I nodded, "I just don't know what to get him that he hasn't already had. He's been alive for over a thousand years, he's seen it all," I breathed out.

I took a sip of my coffee and then heard a familiar sound, Kat. The mail was here. Draco's owl dropped off his usual care package from his mother. Blaise's owl dropped off a letter, one which made Blaise very excited. Kat dropped off a single letter for me, from Uncle Elijah. I had asked him about his time at the Ministry. I was about to open it up when suddenly Vince called me.

"Their trial is set till next week!" He huffed as he read his copy of the Daily Prophet which was soon snatched by Draco.

He frowned as he read the paper, clearly upset, "Pucey's father is trying to bribe Crouch, pathetic!"

I took the paper from him and began scanning it. A picture of Pucey and his friends, looking quiet angry beside their parents, was on the front page. The only one who looked regretful was Theo. He was standing next to his parents who looked disappointed. The article read that the Pucey family was still denying the allegations and that Crouch might be calling witnesses and victims to the stand.

I scoffed, "Malditos cerdos! It wasn't enough to harass the girls now they want them to discuss their trauma in front of a jury!" I was so furious.

Blaise quickly took the paper from me and began reading it for himself. I looked around, many people were staring at me but I payed no attention to them. I was scanning the room for copies of the Daily Prophet. Many girls had them, they looked upset.

I reached down for my book bag, trying to retrieve some parchment. I'm going to write a letter to my dad, telling him everything! As I pulled out the parchment a copy of a Thor comic book, that Kai had given me, fell out. On the cover was Mjölnir, Thor's hammer. And almost like a lightbulb went off in my head, that's it! That's my dad's gift, a dagger that comes to him when he holds out his hand.