Chapter 57: Contentment

Jan 29th 1995,

Dear diary...

I'm done. I finished all my letters. Yes, even the one to Damon. And I am ready for the next step. Whatever that is.

It is Friday and I only have two classes. I am meeting with Snape later to see what our next step is.

Blaise and Draco have been a great help, but I still think that they can't truly help me in this. I feel like this is something I must go through on my own.

I just don't know how to do that...

- N.M.P

I shut my journal close and tossed it onto my bed. I finished getting ready and left my dorm.

As I reached the common room, I spotted Mattheo.

These past few weeks we've been growing closer. I honestly consider him a friend at this point.

"Hey, loser!" I grinned as I sat down across from him.

He smirked, "Hey, booger!"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "How did you sleep?"

He shrugged, "On my back like usual."

I kept my face straight, making him laugh, "You're so hilarious, M."

He laughed, "I know right."

As we continued talking, Draco and Blaise approached us.

"You meeting Snape today?" Draco asked as he plopped down beside me.

I nodded, "Yeah, I have the letters."

"All of them?" Blaise asked, sitting on the other side of me.

I hummed, avoiding eye contact. The truth is I'm missing one. My letter.

"Let me see." He said.

I sighed, retrieving the letters from my book bag and passing them to him. They were sealed with wax so he didn't open them or read them but he knew who they were each addressed to.

"There's one missing."

I shook my head, "Nope. They're all there."

He raised a brow, "Bellissima, you know there's one missing."

I crossed my arms, facing Mattheo instead of him. He had been watching us converse while twirling his wand. He doesn't know about my situation or what the letters are for but he has asked.

I won't tell him. It's embarrassing.

"Bellissima, where's yours?" Blaise asked again, passing me the letters back.

I sighed, "I didn't write one."

He crossed his arms, "Snape said you had to."

I shook my head, "No! He said he suggested it but never that it was an order."

Blaise raised both his brows, giving me that stern 'you know better' look that he always does.

I groaned, "I couldn't write it, okay!" I stood up, threw my book bag over my shoulder and turned to face them, "Can we go to breakfast, please?"

Mattheo stood up behind me, "I'll go with you."

I smiled at him, "Thank you!"

Draco immediately stood up and began walking with us. Blaise followed close behind, his stern look still plastered on his face.