Chapter 17: Apart pt. 1

Saturday:

"Promise me you'll be back tomorrow!" I pleaded Blaise as I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I pinky-promise, darling!" He said, kissing my forehead. "It's only two days," He chuckling.

"I have separation anxiety, idiot!" I crossed my arms. He was taken aback by my sudden outburst. "And I get irritable... and bitchy, sorry," I took a deep breath.

"It's alright, insult me all you want!" He teased.

"Yeah, but only him, don't insult me," Draco was now approaching us from behind me.

Behind him came Vince and Greg, carrying Draco's luggage of course. Despite them only going for two days, Draco insisted on taking two trunks, one of which was empty. He said he needed to bring some things from the manor.

"You gonna miss me, 'Talia?" Draco's cocky smirk was plastered on his face. I wanted to smack him.

"No!" I lied.

"You are a terrible liar!" He snickered.

"Shut up!" I rolled my eyes.

"Malfoy, where do we put these?" Greg asked, trying not to let the trunk slip from his arms.

"Just give it to the footmen," Draco and Blaise glared at Vince and Greg. They were still angry at them. Why? Well, Vince and Greg got caught yesterday in Snape's potion closet and they accidently knocked over years worth of potions. Snape then punished them with a week's detention which means that I'll be completely alone this weekend since their detention starts today at 8 am.

We had just finished breakfast when the carriage arrived indicating that it was time for us to say goodbye. I know it's just two days but I've grown very attached to them, I have trouble saying goodbye to people I care about.

"I'll write to you once we arrive, and I'll use that spell you taught me to send it to you instantly," Blaise said, pulling me into yet another hug. He had been hugging me all morning.

"I'll write to you too, you know so that you won't miss me too much," Draco teased.

"You know Draco, I think it's going to be you who's going to miss me!" I smirked back at him.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Not as much as you are going to miss me!"

"No, I don't think so," I chuckled.

"I think you will," He insisted.

"No I wo-"

"Will you two just hug each other, the carriage is leaving any minute!" Blaise breathed out. He pulled me into one last hug, kissing my cheek and walked off, jumping into the carriage.

"You'll miss me more, I know you will," Draco whispered. I just rolled my eyes and drew him into a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly. I felt safe. I didn't want this feeling to go away. We stayed like that, in each other's embrace for a long minute. I took in his scent, expensive cologne and spearmint, it was a natural musky scent. I could tell he was taking in the scent of my hair as well.

"I hate to break this up, but we have to go mate!" Blaise hollered from the carriage. Draco and I pulled away.

"Good bye, Draco," A small smile formed on my face.

"Goodbye, 'Talia," He nodded.

And so we stood there, Vince, Greg and I, waving goodbye at our two friends who got smaller and smaller as the carriage strolled away. Blaise had explained to me that the carriage would take them to a portkey. The portkey would then take them straight to the manor.