Chapter 11: Seriously?

That weekend I woke up again and again in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and panting. The same nightmares repeating in my mind. It was always a different approach but the same story; loosing Kai, loosing my dad, loosing my sister, my aunts, my uncles and ultimately being left alone. The most horrific things that could ever happen were recurring in my mind, haunting my sleep. On Sunday I was so exhausted but my friends wanted to hang out. We stayed in Blaise's dorm, just the five of us. I ended up falling asleep on Draco's bed but woke up with yet another nightmare about an hour later. They didn't ask about it. On Monday, Pansy was gone and we returned to classes. My morning was normal, meeting the boys in the common room and going to breakfast. Half way through breakfast Blaise asked me to accompany him to the library to return a book.

"So you finished the book already?" I asked as we approached the library.

He nodded. "I just needed it to complete the extra credit assignment. My mother would have a heart attack if she knew I was falling behind in her favorite subject," He joked as we entered the library. I waited for him by the exit as he walked over to the desk and dropped off the book. There was a surprising amount of students here this morning. I looked around at the mixture of houses all scrambling to get to their classes or get to the Great Hall. Then something caught my eye, on their uniforms they had a sort of pin. I tried to get a good look at it, it was big and yellow and had glowing letters. And then I realized, it read "Potter stinks!" I quickly covered my mouth with my hand out of shock. I asked the first girl who was walking past me.

"Hey! Where the hell did you get that?" The Hufflepuff girl, who was clearly older than me furrowed her brows.

"My friend gave it to me. Would you like one?" She asked.

I scoffed. "Um- No! Why on earth are you wearing that? It is incredibly rude!" I exclaimed. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Potter is a cheat," She handed me a pin. "Here, support the real Hogwarts champion! Cedric!" She said happily and walked away leaving me in awe. Blaise came up to me and noticed the pin. He let out a breath.

"So you've seen those..." He said worried.

"You knew that people have been going around making these and selling them? Blaise!" I said throwing away the pin in the nearest trash can. Blaise avoided my  gaze. I scoffed crossing my arms.

"Sorry bellissima, I had heard about some Slytherin's buying some, I just didn't know how to tell you," He said apologetically.

"Who would start something like this? It's so childish!" I exclaimed pacing towards the dungeons, we had potions today. Blaise just hummed in agreement.

As we approached the dungeons I could hear muffled voices. "...don't want a Mudblood sliming it up!" I recognized the voice. It was followed by laughter. Then I heard a terrified voice yell out "Harry!" It was Hermione. I started running towards the voices, Blaise followed close behind. As I reached the sight I froze. Draco and Harry were standing in the middle of a group, their wands out ready to duel. They hadn't noticed my arrival. From across the room I could see Hermione and Ron, both terrified.

"Moody's not here to look after you now- do it, if you've got the guts..." Draco taunted Harry. The stared each other down for a second before both shouted out spells.

"Furnunculus!" Harry yelled, his spell missed Draco and instead hit Greg.

"Greg!" I exclaimed but before I could run over to Greg, Draco yelled out a spell.