Take me back to the start

Thanks LewisBray4 for the title of this one shot :) I really hope you like it. 

POV CAITLIN:

We all make choices during our life that we regret ... We can only regret five minutes after making them, a few hours, a few days or even years after we have made them. And my choices led to the death of the most important person in my life! My first wrong choice was not to tell Barry what I felt, because the truth is that since he set foot here in the laboratory I felt a strong attraction, so after our first kiss, which was not even "ours" ", I couldn't think what it would be like to kiss the real Barry Allen.

However, the choice I regret the most was giving Jay confidence. At first he seemed like a harmless person, who just needed our help, but as time went on we discovered who he really was. I'm just sorry that we hadn't discovered it earlier! The disaster occurred after Zoom, meaning Jay, brought Linda to the roof of STAR labs.

In the middle of the fight between Flash and Zoom, Flash turned and raced around the building, building up his speed-lightning before firing a bolt at Zoom who, to Flash's horror, jumped into the air, grabbed the lightning bolt in a somersault and hurled it right back at Flash with even greater force, scoring a direct hit. Desperate to regain control of the fight, Barry attempted to outmaneuver Zoom by forcing him into a free fall from a high altitude where Zoom's superior speed was neutralized but Zoom simply reversed the move and instead landed on top of Barry.

Zoom then proceeded to brutally and savagely pulverize Flash at high speed before finishing with a devastating blow to Flash's spine, dislocating a portion of his spinal-column and temporarily paralyzing him. As Zoom stood triumphant over Flash's body, Well's attempted to shoot Zoom with a dart filled with the speed-dampening serum, but Zoom managed to catch it and jammed both darts into Flash's chest. This combined with the severe trauma and paralysis caused Barry to lose consciousness.

I knew there was nothing I could do and I knew very well that if I tried to put myself in the middle of the two, I might not leave there alive, but at the moment none of that mattered. However, before I could even do anything, Wells stood in front of me. While Wells stood in front of me to protect me, Jay disappeared with Barry, leaving the two of us up there on the roof wondering what he was going to do with Barry next. But hours later he returned, this time into the STAR labs building, with Barry's lifeless body in his hands.

- Now that you know what I'm truly capable of, you can give me what I need, - said Zoom / Jay looking directly at me.

- I can't give you what you want. Jay please look at him ... He needs medical attention. You have already proved that you are stronger than him!

- GIVE ME THE V6. NOW!

- You know I'm not going to give it to you.- I said trying to make me strong, but in reality I was appalled by this whole situation.

"If you don't give me what I want, your loved one will suffer," said Jay, bringing one of his claws to Barry's neck, who was still inanimate.

- Jay, please leave him alone.

I had no idea of ​​giving him the V6 and he realized it, so without hesitation and with a small smile on his face, without me being able to try to get him to change his mind, Zoom stabbed Barry with one of his claws in his chest. When I saw Barry's body fall to the floor and blood running down the floor of the control room, a giant rage invaded my heart and without thinking twice, I took a knife, which was one of Cisco's new prototypes and launched myself to Jay.

I knew there was a strong chance that the knife would do nothing to hurt him, but I was so angry that I just wanted to hit him in the chest several times. However, what I did not tell you is that when he turned around due to the noise, one of his claws ended up on my abdomen.

- Caitlin.- shouted Cisco, coming running to me. He still tried to put pressure on the area where I had been stabbed, however I had already lost a lot of blood.

- Cisco, how is Barry? Do you think there are still possibilities for him to survive?

- I don't believe there is.

- I do not want to go! Cisco, please don't let me go! Cisco, don't make me go!

- Hey, you're not going anywhere. Harry has already called the ambulance and they are on their way. You'll be fine!

- We both know that this is not entirely true. Cisco, I need you to do something very important to me.

- What?

- Tell my mother that I adore her and that I am very sorry that we were unable to repair our relationship.

"The ambulance is on its way," said Harry, coming up beside us.

- I need...

- You need to guard your strength, dear. The ambulance is really coming, "said Harry, interrupting me.

- No, please let me say this. Dr. Wells, Harry, I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to work in a laboratory as fantastic as STAR labs. And Cisco, I want to thank you for being my best friend. You helped me a lot after Ronnie died and without your help, I wouldn't have been able to recover.

- Caitlin, please keep your eyes open. Talk to me! "Exclaimed Cisco, but no matter how hard I tried to do what he asked me to do, my eyes felt heavier and heavier.

The last thing I remember as soon as I closed my eyes, was Cisco shouting my name. But at this point I could only think that I would give anything to be able to go back to the beginning ... The first day that Barry came through that door to ask us for help with his powers. The next thing I see is a white flash and when I open my eyes again, I notice that I am at STAR Labs and that Cisco is in front of me.

- You are fine? It was a big drop. Go, give me your hand and I'll help you up.

When I got up, I remembered what I had just gone through and I still felt a burning sensation in my abdomen, however as soon as I put my hand where I had been stabbed by Jay, I had nothing. It was like it never happened!

- You are fine? You look like you're confused.

- What's going on? Where's Barry? How am I doing?

- Who's Barry? You must have hit your head seriously. Let's go to the infirmary to do some tests to make sure everything is fine.

- Cisco don't play games with me. where is he?

- Guys, I'm glad you are both here, I want to introduce you to someone. This is Barry Allen and from today he will be part of our team. We will help him to control and use his powers properly and in return, he will help us with the subject of metahumans.- Wells said, coming to our side with Barry by his side.

But is this dejavú ?! Am I having a dream and I haven't realized it yet ?! But what the hell is going on here ?! As the hours passed, I realized that I was reliving the first day that Barry set foot here and we said that I was not understanding how this was happening.

But the truth is, I don't want to know what this is! I just want to be able to redo my choices and try to live what I was terribly afraid of doing in my "old" life.