The World Turned Upside Down

Thanks   Thatth0mas  for the idea of this one shot :) I really hope you like it.

-----

There have been many events that have shaken the lives of all members of the Flash team in a good and bad way, however there has been an event that has shaken them suddenly and permanently. That event was called Flashpoint.

Flashpoint was was created by Barry, when he traveled back in time and saved his mother from Eobard Thawne. The timeline was reset when the Reverse-Flash ran back in time and killed Nora Allen again, restoring everything pretty much to how it was before, albeit with some minor differences. However, after Barry Allen used a superseding form of speedster time travel to live in this timeline's version of 2016 for three months, he found the world much different to the timeline that existed before.

Cisco Ramon was a genius industrialist, CEO of the Ramon Industries, Wally West became The Flash instead of Barry and The Rival became a new menace of Central City. After Barry takes Iris and Wally to the Cisco lab, he reveals to the three that he is Flash and that he will help them finally stop Rival . Cisco was a little reluctant to help them, because he knew what happened to people who got in the way of the meta-human and he didn't want to end up like them, but Barry was not willing to take no for an answer.

- Okay, so I can tell by the looks of your faces, that you don't believe me.

- We believe that you are a speedster, but you're going to have explaine that part of flashpoint again.- said Wally.

- Okay, this is as simple as I can put it. I'm going to use this glass board, Mr. Ramon. Imagine that this line is time. I went back in time to stop the reverse-flash from killing my mom. In doing so, I created an alternative timeline ... A whole new existence where you are Kid Flash.

- The Flash.- said Wally.

- Kid Flash.- said Cisco and Iris at the same time.

- Cisco's a billionaire.

- So you're saying there's a timeline out ther where I'm not rich? Boy, that's a glitch in the univers.

- No, not buying it. My life is my life, didn't just start three months ago okay? I've always been me.- said Wally.

- Yeah, I don't know what to tell you why it's complicated ...

- Okay look, even if we did believe you, why are you telling us this now? - asked Iris.

- Because ... I've been hiding here for too long. The Rival needs to be stopped. I stopped the bad guys and we can all take him down together.

- I can get him myself.- said Wally.

- Why haven't you?

- Well I am not interested, I don't know how many times I got to tell you, freaks, I already did my bid for Queen and country.- said Cisco.

- We are missing something ... Excuse me ..- Barry said, going to Cisco's computer.

- What are you doing? - asked Cisco.- Hey, don't touch that.

- Got it.

Barry knew that a very important piece was missing for this mission and that piece was neither more nor less than Caitlin Snow. So after he had the location of where she was working, he left the Cisco's lab and went to pick her up and brought her to the control room at the Cisco's lab.

- What just happend? - asked Caitlin when they arrived at the control room.

- Stop bringing stranger into my lab. Who is this?

- This is Dr. Cailtin Snow. In my timeline she is a part of our team.

- Did you ... You just kidnapped this women.- said Cisco looking at Caitlin.

- No, I didn't. Well yeah, I guess I did that, but she is a scientist, we need her.

- I'm not a scientist.- said Caitlin.

- Are you not?

- I'm a ophthalmologist.

- An eye doctor?

Although Caitlin was no longer a scientist on this timeline , Barry was sure that she could help them stop Rival , although Caitlin does not think the same way. She was scared and rightly so! Seconds later, Barry noticed that Caitlin was heading for the corridor and went after her.

- I'm sorry, but I'm not the person you're looking for. I am a simple ophthalmologist, I cannot stop speedsters.- said Caitlin, sitting down on one of the stairs and Barry sat beside her.

- I realize that you are afraid, but I don't want to know if you are a scientist or not ... I just want you to be on my team. You know, on my timeline , you are one of the strongest people I have ever met and I know that this Caitlin who is sitting here next to me, is equally strong.

- Why do you want me to stay here to help you?

- Because I need you! Scientist or ophthalmologist, you're still Caitlin Snow. And I need Caitlin Snow!

- Okay, you can count on my help. But let me know since I don't know anything about stopping speedsters, "said Caitlin, showing a smile.

Although Caitlin is not a scientist, she is able to pinpoint Rival using the city's cameras . As soon as she does, Barry and Wally head to where the speedster is to finally stop him. Rival is surprised to find another speedster and is so sure of his win that he tells them his real name, that is Edward Clariss. Wally takes an early lead in the fight but is stabbed in the back when he turns around. Barry then fights Rival but ends up losing more memories and suffers a strong blow to the chest. Rival takes advantage of the distraction by creating two F3 tornadoes.

Barry calls for help and Iris reassures him that he can do it. He unravels both tornadoes by running around the insides, and then defeats Clariss, who calls Barry the fastest. Joe West shoots him in the back and Barry reveals his identity before telling him about Wally. Caitlin, then delivers bad news upon their return to Ramon Industries.

- All his vitals are low and he's lost a lot of blood.- said Caitlin looking at Wally.

- He should be rapidly healing.- said Iris.

- It's one of the gifts of a speedster.

- He's not .... I am sorry.- said Caitlin.- I'm I free to go?

- Yes.

Barry felt guilty about what had happened to Wally, so he asked Iris to help him set things right. However, before they went to their first stop, he had to talk to Caitlin one last time.

- Again I apologize. I could have ...

- Caitlin, you don't need to apologize and I don't want you to feel guilty about anything. Rival put him in this situation and I know you did your best ... Thanks for your help ... It may not have seemed like it, but it was quite valuable.

"Don't thank me, it was a pleasure to help a hero," said Caitlin, taking her things.

Barry went to Iris and together they went to Barry's house for him to say goodbye to his parents and then they went to Thawne. There he asks Thawne to kill his mother so that this problem can be resolved. What Barry did not expect was that things were not the same as they were in reality. Some things had changed, one of which was the departure of Joe and Iris, but the worst change was the appearance of Caitlin's meta-human powers.