Arcade

Thanks fireeeeanddddiceeee   for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one.

----

POV CAITLIN:

After Ronnie's death I never thought I would like anyone else, but the truth is that from the first day I saw Barry lying in our ward bed, I developed a little crush on him and even today this feeling has only increased. I recently discovered, after accidentally overhearing a conversation between him and Cisco, that he, too, feels things for me and that left me with mixed feelings.

I know it's great to find out that the person we liked also likes us, however I have a little problem and this one is called Killer Frost. Since I discovered my powers and I almost froze Barry, I was terrified of getting out of control again. This necklace that Cisco gave me helps me a lot to suppress my new abilities, but I am afraid that something will happen to me and that I will lose myself in anger and fear and that it will hurt my best friend because of that.

I knew that sooner or later Barry would want to talk to me about how he feels about me, but I don't think I'm ready for this conversation, however before I could get back to the normal world, I noticed that Barry was leaning over my secretary.

- Do you think we can talk at the end of the afternoon?

- Of course, but what is it about?

"You'll see," said Barry, smiling.

This morning it was quite quiet, as there were no attacks or evidence of criminal activity by the hands of any metahuman, which made our job a lot easier. At lunchtime, we all went to Jitters for lunch and after that, Barry went with Joe to CCPD, but before they left, he warned me that at the end of his shift he was passing through the lab for us to have our conversation.

Like the morning, the afternoon was also quiet, without any metahuman attack, so as soon as Barry came to me, I said goodbye to Cisco and Harry and we left STAR Labs and went to the park, which was just two minutes walk.

- Barry this silence is killing me .... You said you wanted to talk to me, why do you think we talked?

- You're right, but I'm thinking of the best way to start this conversation. It is not a topic that is easily easy to talk about.

- You have all the time in the world.

- So it is like that, you know that we have become very close and that I greatly value our friendship ...

- Yes...

- Caitlin I like you and not just as a friend or a best friend.

- Barry I ...

- Let me finish, please. I know that what I did, you know how to create Flashpoint, it kind of changed your life forever, but believe me that was never my intention.

- I know Barry.- I said smiling.

- Do you think we can give our love a chance and try a relationship?

- Barry, as much as I love you and love that it happened, I can not date you. Barry I am very afraid of these powers and how I get when I lose control. When I almost froze you up that night it was the worst thing I did and I felt like the worst person in the world because I was hurting you.

- But I managed to warm up.

- I know that, but what if the next time I get out of control, you don't get it? What happens if I give you a kiss and when I open my eyes you are frozen in front of me? Barry, I already lost one person I loved, I'm not willing to lose another.

- But Cait ...

- But nothing, I can't risk your life!

- So you prefer to live in fear? Do you think it's fair that you're suffering?

- Maybe not, but I don't want to risk hurting you again. You could have died because of me!

- Does that mean you prefer to just be my friend?

- Yes for now, at least until we find a more permanent solution to my problem. And if afterwards, you continue to feel the same way you feel now for me, we can try to have a relationship, but for now I think it is better to just be best friends.

- We will find a solution to this problem and then the two of us will be very happy together, you can be sure of that.

I knew it wasn't fair to ask Barry to wait for me, as we don't know how long the search for a cure for my problem will take, but I'm glad to see that what he feels for me is really serious, since he is willing to wait for me. Maybe our love is a lost game, but maybe the future will show us that there is still a possible victory in this "game" that is our love ...