A thousand Years

Barry Allen and Caitlin Snow met when they were just fifteen, when they were in high school in Central City and from the first day they had a conversation about notes from the science class, they became good friends. In addition to being together every minute at school, being in the classrooms and in the hallways of the school, at the end of classes, they always agreed on a program to do together.

There are several pairs of friendships between boys and girls who are just that, friendships, but in their case what was a simple friendship became much more than that. Just a year after they met, they admitted their feelings for each other and became a couple. Every day it was as if they loved each other more and more, which was strange for a teenage relationship, but the truth is that they felt they had been made for each other.

As with all teenage couples, they had their discussions, often on slightly stupid subjects and got upset with each other to the point where they stopped talking for one or two days, but they never managed to stay long away from each other. Two years had passed since the first day they started dating and the end of the last year of high school started to arrive, which meant that they would have to make complicated choices ... that is to choose which university they would go to.

- I have bombastic news, - said Caitlin, as soon as Barry arrived at the school. - Remember that fantastic university I told you about? I was accepted!

- But that's great, Cait. I am sure you will be a success there.

- So what about you? Have you decided where you're going?

- Yes, I was watching the courses here and decided that I will study criminology at Central City University.

- I'm so happy for you, my love.

Although they were both delighted with the news for their future, they knew that the fact that Caitlin was going to study abroad meant that their relationship would be affected. On graduation day, they decided that they were going to give their love a chance ... They both knew it would be quite complicated, because it is not easy to keep a relationship at a distance, but they were willing to try everything to make it possible.

During the first year of university, they still arranged to meet a few times, depending on weekends, but the whole distance turned out to be a problem, so the last time Caitlin came to Central City, they had, maybe the most complicated talk of their lives. After talking very well on the subject, they decided that the best thing for both of them would be to end their relationship there, even if it cost them because they still loved each other.

Nine years later, Caitlin Snow returned to Central City and started working at STAR Labs, as a bio-engineer. Being in Central City aroused feelings that she thought were buried deep in her mind. Barry, on the other hand, worked as a CSI at CCPD, along with Joe and Eddie, who was Iris West's new boyfriend.

Both still often thought of each other, but thought they would never meet again, however soon an event was going to change that fact. And that event was the explosion of the Particle Accelerator. When the Particle Accelerator exploded, it sent a shockwave of dark matter through the city. Seconds later, Barry was struck by a yellow bolt of lightning through a window in the roof of his lab. He was sent flying backwards through the already-charged chemicals and knocked unconscious.Barry was quickly rushed to Central City Hospital, where he was kept on life support while in a coma.

For the following five weeks, all of Barry's friends went to visit the hospital, including Hr. Wells, that concluded that Barry's heart was in fact beating too fast to even register on the EKG. When Barry's condition began to worsen he was moved to STAR Labs to be closely monitored.

- Good thing they're both here. I need you two to take good care of our new "guest".

"It can't be," Caitlin said, approaching the bed where Barry was lying, unconscious.

"What's going on, Cait?" Asked Cisco.

- Barry ... - Caitlin sighed, dropping a small tear that fell on the sheets that covered Barry's body.

- You know him? Is he your friend?

"Ex-boyfriend," Caitlin replied without taking her eyes off Barry.

She didn't even want to believe that she was seeing him again, and in those circumstances. Nine months passed and Barry was still in a coma and Caitlin remained on his side wishing he would open his eyes. Seeing him in that state was making her anxious and more afraid that he wouldn't wake up.

- Barry, it's me again. I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I wanted to ask you to wake up ... I miss seeing your beautiful eyes so much.

"So anything new?" Asked Cisco, sitting down next to Caitlin.

- Not yet. What if he doesn't wake up, Cisco?

- Caitlin, I already told you more than once not to think negatively.

- How do you want me to stay positive? Nine months have passed and he is still in a coma ...

- I don't think you need to worry about your friend's condition anymore .- Cisco said with a smile and I turned my face towards Barry's face and I saw his eyes open.

- I'll warn Hr. Will you stay here with him?

"Sure, go," I said, getting up.

"Am I dreaming or are you right by my side?" Asked Barry.

- No, you're not dreaming. It's really me!

- Glad you are awake, Barry.- said HR, entering the infirmary.

- What happened to me? And where am I?

- You are at STAR Labs. Nine months ago you were struck by lightning and fell into a coma, which was caused by the explosion of the particle accelerator, which we had just opened. Your friends at the CCPD took you to the hospital, but your health condition was getting worse and worse and so we decided to bring you here.

- Ah, wow ... Wait, nine months? Was I in a coma for nine months?

- Yes.- Caitlin replied.- But what matters is that you woke up and that you are well. Now we just needed to do some tests to make sure you are 100% really well and then you can go back to your home.

- Good! I look forward to seeing Joe, Iris and my CCPD colleagues again.

- There's just one more thing you should know ...- said Cisco this time.

- The explosion beyond the coma, gave you some special powers.

- Special powers?

In the next few minutes, HR, Caitlin and Cisco explained to Barry that he was no longer normal and told him everything they knew about his new powers, which unfortunately was not much. Barry asked him for time to assimilate all the news, however he promised that he would return to the laboratory to talk more about this subject.

In the coming months, Barry and Caitlin, who now worked side by side, became closer. It was as if the nine years they had been apart had never existed.

- Why don't we give ourselves a new chance?

- Sorry?

- You heard well ... I mean it is obvious that you still feel something for me and I never stopped loving you. Why are we still separated?

- Do you still love me? Even after all this time? "Asked Caitlin, surprised.

- I never stopped! I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more.

"Come on!" Exclaimed Caitlin, smiling. "I also never stopped loving you!"

Although Barry Allen and Caitlin Snow were nine years apart, their love for each other never ended and today they decided to give their feelings a new chance.