Im only one call away

Thanks LewisBray4   for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one. 

---

POV CAITLIN:

The day of dinner had arrived with my mother. I know that for many of you, having dinner with your parents is a very pleasant thing, but in my case it is different, since my mother and I haven't spoken in years. And then you ask, but if you don't speak, why are you going to have dinner together? Well, the answer is quite simple even, my mom wants to make it up to me.

However, whenever we are in the same space, I can only remember how she treated me in the past, since my father's death. I know it was a very complicated period for her, because although I lost a father, she lost her husband, the love of her life. But from that moment on, she began to focus more on her work than on her daughter, who only reminded her of her late husband.

However, I was willing to put aside our differences and try to make this dinner go well, because the truth is that I miss having a mother, having that woman who was with me before my father died and maybe this dinner were the beginning of an improvement in our relationship. However, I had a bad feeling about tonight, which is why I was so reluctant to go.

"You know that if you need to, I'm just a call away, right?" Asked Barry.

- Yes I know. I just have mixed feelings about this dinner.

- You will see that it will run better than you expected. You have to give your mother a new opportunity to show you that things can change between you two.

- I hate it when you're right, you know? It's really annoying!

- Yes ... yes ... I like you too. Now get out there or you'll be late for dinner.

- See you tomorrow, - said leaving STAR Labs,

As soon as I got home I went to take a shower and after that I got dressed to go to the restaurant we had arranged to meet. Remember to tell you that I had a bad attitude about this dinner, as it seems that I had reasons for that.

I was already in my second glass of ripe wine and I looked at my cell phone watch and saw that almost an hour had passed since the time we had agreed. I thought she was just late, or that something happened at her job, because it happened to me, but what was hurting me was that she hadn't found five minutes to send me a simple message.

Suddenly, I felt my cell phone vibrating on the table and saw that it was my mother's name so I answered it quickly. She just told me that something that could not wait had come up and that was why we had to cancel dinner today. Before I could say anything else, she hung up the call, leaving me unsure if it was serious or if only she had changed her mind.

Minutes later I received a message from Barry asking how our dinner was going and instead of answering him in SMS format, I decided to call him.

- Is your dinner over yet?

- It didn't even start. She didn't come.

- Didn't show up, but why?

- Didn't explain, just told me something had come up.

- And how are you? Do you need me to come to you?

- No, I'm fine. I will pay for what I have consumed so far and then I will go home. We talk at the laboratory tomorrow.- I said, hanging up the call.

I put my cell phone in my suitcase and took out my wallet so I could pay the employee what I had consumed, which was just two glasses of wine. I was just leaving the restaurant, when I see that Barry is right in front of me.

- What are you doing here? I told you you didn't have to come to me.

- I know that's what you told me, but I could tell by your tone that you needed a friendly shoulder, that's why I came.

- I was going home, so I think you can come too.

"And how was the food at the restaurant?" Asked Barry, getting into my car.

- I don't know, I didn't eat anything.

- It doesn't mean that you go home without dinner, does it?

- I'm not hungry Barry, I'd rather go home and rest.

- Unacceptable. You will start the car and go to the park. We are going to have some wonderful tacos in the trailer that is outside the park.

Although I was a little sad and disappointed that my mother didn't show up at our dinner, being here with Barry eating this taco while we looked at the ducks that were entering the water of the small lake was even helping to forget the disaster that it had just happened.

I'm not sure how but Barry has an effect that calms me down and that makes me more relieved, with just his presence and today is exactly what I need. Although my night did not go as planned, I am happy to be in the company of my best friend.