To good at goodbyes

Thanks fireeeeanddddiceeee   for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one.

------

BARRY POV:

Since I was a child I had a great crush on my best friend and neighbor, Iris West. The fact that our parents are best friends and that we walk in the same school until high school, greatly facilitated the formation of our friendship. However all the time we spent together only served to one thing, to increase my crush for her.

Afraid of losing her friendship forever, I never told her the truth, although it was very easy to see that I was completely lost in love with her and only she didn't see it. She was always a girl who attracted the attention of several boys and like many teenagers, she had some boyfriends, however whenever her relationships failed, it was in my arms that she took refuge.

There were times when it seemed that our friendship could evolve, however that never happened. The most serious event happened four months ago. Iris had finally broken up with her boyfriend, who was cheating on her with one of her school cheerleaders and, as always, she ended up on my shoulders.

"So how's it going with Iris?" Asked Cisco.

- I think things are really serious this time. In fact, today I'm going to tell her how I feel and I'm going to ask her for a date.

"It was about time," said Caitlin, sitting next to us, with a small platter with our coffees.

But I haven't told you yet who Cisco and Caitlin are, have I ?! I met these two lost souls last year and basically what happened was that these two people changed my life. They were new here in Central City and came to my class and after a few conversations, the three of us became very friendly and in fact, today, I consider them as my best friends.

They know everything there is to know about me and I also know everything about both of them. Whenever I need something or just need to have fun, they are the first people I call.

- If everything goes according to plan, tomorrow Iris and I will come to school as boyfriend and girlfriend.

- I still think it's too good to be true, - said Cisco, taking his coffee. - Do you still remember what happened last time?

- But the last time I misjudged the situation, I thought we were getting closer, when in fact we weren't. But this time is different!

"If you say it's different, we believed it," said Caitlin.

- What was me without you two?

- I do not know, but your life was much more depressing, you can be sure of that.- replied Cisco smiling.

I know that they just care about me and don't want to see me suffer, but I feel that this time is really different ... Three hours after my conversation with my two best friends, it was time to have the most serious and decisive part of my life, with my friend / neighbor and crush, Iris West.

As always, after school, she accompanied me home and we ended up having lunch together and then spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies. But today I had a different plan ... I confess that I was starting to get quite nervous, but now that I started putting the plan in motion, I cannot abandon it in the middle.

"Shall we see what movie today?" Asked Iris, sitting on the couch in my living room.

- Whatever you want, since it's your turn to choose it, but first I really wanted to talk to you.