Before you go

Thanks fireeeeanddddiceeee  for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one. 

----

POV CAITLIN:

While we were at H.R's funeral, a storm broke out. Due to recent events, we knew that someone needs to go into the speed force prison to balance it . Of course, it goes without saying that Barry volunteered to join the Speed ​​Force, since he had caused the problem, that is, the creation of Flashpoint. This would be my last chance to tell Barry everything I had been hiding for all these years, as I might never see him again.

- Wally, I give you the duty and honor to protect this city. Everyone in this city needs a protector and I am sure you are going to do a wonderful job.

- I'll do my best! 

- I know you will, in fact you have the best people to help you with this task. Cisco, Caitlin, I want you to take care of the lab.

- So we'll do it. And do not worry that we will find a chance to get you out of there and return home.- said Cisco, hugging him.

- It's time to get in. Take good care of this city for me.

- Barry, before you enter ... I love you!

"What?" Asked Barry, surprised.

- I love you, - I shouted. - I didn't want you to leave without me telling you.

Barry seemed genuinely surprised by my sudden statement, but he showed a small smile, which told me that perhaps my feelings could even be bilateral and not unilateral.

"We talked about this when I get back, okay?" Barry shouted almost all of the Speed ​​Force and I just waved.

The next six months were the longest and most complicated of my life, as we still didn't know how to bring Barry home. Cisco had already exhausted all his ideas and in fact the life of fighting crime was not very famous. Not that Wally was a bad superhero, but the truth is that he was not 100% prepared for the mission he had been given.

However, when we were all starting to lose hope, Cisco had a brilliant idea. The idea was to work on a Quark Sphere-based on Barry's DNA to trick the Speed ​​Force into believing that he was still there. The next day they attempt to use the Speed ​​Force bazooka to free Barry, but the system seemingly fails . However, what we didn't know was that our system had really worked, because on the other side of the city, Barry appeared in front of a bus. He was caught by state police and quickly transported back to the CCPD.

As soon as they told us that Barry was at the CCPD, the five of us went straight to see how he was doing, but as soon as we got there, we saw a different Barry than usual. Having been stuck in the Speed ​​Force all that time, Barry's mind went crazy, causing him to just repeat phrases he had already said.

We all knew that the best thing would be to take him to STAR Labs and find a solution there for this small problem, however things were not that easy. Let's say that in the middle of our attempt to find out what was going on with Barry, we had a bit of a fight, but we managed to stop him. A few hours later, a saving mission and after some exams and a last-minute save, we had our Barry back.

- Pupiles are equal reactive to light. I mean you vitals are amazing, you're in perfect health even for you.

- It is really good to have you back. How are you feeling? - asked Joe.

- Honestly really good. It feels like i've been reborn.

- We were really happy to have you back home, - said Cisco.

"And how did things go here?" Asked Barry, rising from the infirmary bed.

- At first things were complicated, but over time, they got better.- I replied smiling while looking at Wally.

- Good. Caitlin, do you think we can talk? In private? "Asked Barry, approaching me.

To be more comfortable, we went to the laboratory corridor and sat on the stairs. I had strong suspicions about the topic of conversation and just thinking about it makes me nervous.

- What do you want to talk about?

- You know. You knew we were going to have this conversation. In fact, I promised you that before I entered.

- I know, but it's been so long that I thought you forgot.

- But I didn't. Is it true what you told me even before I disappeared for good?

- I won't lie to you, yes it was. The truth is that I felt something for you for some time, but I was always afraid to tell you. However as soon as you volunteered to join Speed ​​Force, I realized that there was a small possibility that you would never return, so I didn't want you to go without knowing the truth. But I don't expect anything from you! We are friends and that is how we will stay ... That was another outburst!

- And you still feel the same? Do you still like me?

- What does it matter?

- It matters a lot. Come on, answer my question. Do you still like me, Caitlin?

- Yes. I still thought that this time when you were "out", I could forget you, but with each passing day, it seemed like I was still thinking more about you.

- Would you be willing to give us a chance?

- A chance? For What?

- Don't be like that ... I know you understood my question very well.

- Yes, I am willing to give us a chance. But only if that's what you want.

- Believe me if I didn't want to, I wouldn't have asked you.

From this day on, Barry and I used every second, minute, hour, day, week, month and year to date and show each other how much we loved each other. I can even tell you that maybe this trip to Speed ​​Force was not so bad at all, because it was thanks to it that today I have a relationship with the person I love.