Secret Love

POV CAITLIN:

Valentine's Day ... This day brings a lot of opinions behind it, some of which are good, others not so much. In my case today is a day like everyone else. I have a somewhat complex opinion about this day, because although I realize that there is a tradition of acts of romanticism being done between couples, I think these acts should be done throughout the year, not just on this specific day.

Every year it's always the same, florists earn a lot of money, restaurants don't even talk about it and people who are single have to put up with the "happiness" of other couples. However, the only thing I can't stand on this date are those couples who are never romantic with each other, or who spend half the time arguing, but who on this day seem like the perfect couple stereotype.

As soon as I entered the school, the first thing I did was go to my locker, as I had to get the books from the first class, but as soon as I opened it, I noticed that there was a blue paper inside.

"Wish I could tell you in person how you are everything to me ... But I can't, so I am going to write a note every day to express my feelings for you. Love, your secret admire."

This little note had left Caitlin with a smile on her lips. She had never received romantic messages and not knowing who he was, brought a very interesting mystery to the situation. But who would be the author of this note and more importantly, who would have liked her so much that was afraid to confess his feelings face-to-face.

"What's in there?" Asked Barry, "waking me up".

- It's nothing!

- Oh come on, you know you can trust me.

- Okay, but it's not worth making fun of.

"It's a promised," said Barry, smiling.

- It's a note from a secret admirer.

- Wow and do you have any idea who this mystery boy will be?

- I don't know.

As my secret admirer said in the note the following days, as soon as Caitlin arrived at the school and went to her locker, she always found a new note.

"there's nothing like your smile, sort of subtle, perfect and real."

"You never knew how wonderful that smile could make someone feel."

"You and I are like day and night, always close and never together."

"You visit my heart, steal my sleep, speed up my heart and fill me with homesickness."

These were some of the messages left by your secret admirer this week. Caitlin was increasingly invested in finding out who her mystery boy was, but the problem with being Friday is that there was no school tomorrow, so it was only on Monday that she could see if there was any more message.

The school day was officially over and as she left her classroom to go to her best friend, Barry Allen, at the entrance to the school to go home together, she received a message from an unknown number.

"Although I'm loving this thing about leaving you romantic notes in your locker, I think it's finally time to meet. I'll be in the city park in Central City this afternoon at four, if you want to meet me, come to me in the area on the little lake."

Caitlin was divided, because on the one hand she wanted to meet the author of these romantic notes, but on the other hand she thought, what if he was a creep who just wanted to take advantage of her? It was then that she came up with a brilliant idea.

- I was really thinking about you! - she exclaimed, coming to the side of her best friend. - I need a little favor.

- What's up?

- Do you think you can come to the park with me today? I am finally going to meet my secret admirer and I am afraid to go alone, so I thought you might be able to accompany me.

"Okay, I'll keep you company." Barry replied, smiling and Caitlin just hugged him.

It was exactly four in the afternoon when Barry and Caitlin arrived at the park, more precisely at the lake. The deal was that Barry would stay by her side only until her mysterious boy arrived and then he would leave them alone, but the problem was that time was running out and there was no sign of him.

- Maybe we better go home.

- Are you sure you don't want to wait any longer? He may be late, Cait.

- If he hasn't appeared so far, I highly doubt he will appear. I was really hoping to meet him, you know? But it seems that this will not be possible! - I exclaimed, moving away from the bench where we had been sitting.

"It's me!" Exclaimed Barry suddenly.

- What?

- It's me ... Your secret admirer.... It's me.

- Barry ...

- Please don't say anything. I know it may seem strange because we have been best friends for years, but the truth is that two years ago my feelings for you changed and I didn't know how to tell you. It was then that Iris suggested that I send you an anonymous love letter. I know it was not who you were expecting it to be, but it is that I ...- said Barry, but I had to interrupt him and the best way I managed to do it was to give him a kiss.

- Can I speak now? - I asked smiling. - Since we are confessing, I also have something to tell you.

- What?

- I also wished it were you!

- Seriously? But I thought you just saw me as a best friend.

- And I always thought you liked Iris. But it seems that we were both wrong.

- So what now? How do we proceed? Since we both just declared each other.

- So you like me and I like you, there was even a kiss involved, I think it's about time we assumed the truth.-  I said approaching Barry.

- You know what? You are absolutely right.- he said, closing the distance between us.

Who knew that the author of the anonymous romantic notes was neither more nor less than my best friend, with whom I had been hopelessly in love since last summer. Starting today, I will demonstrate to Barry every day what he means to me and not just wait for Valentine's Day to do so.