It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

BARRY POV:

My favorite time of the year has finally arrived ... Christmas! Many people end up criticizing this season due to the consumerism that comes associated with this festival. However, for me Christmas is synonymous with love. Love for our family, for our friends and for all those who are with us, in all moments of our life, whether good or bad.

This year, unlike past years, I wouldn't be spending this day with the West family, because they were going to visit Iris' grandmother. Although they told me to go with them, I didn't want to intrude on this date. However, when I woke up this morning on Christmas Eve, I still didn't know I was going to have a different Christmas but a lot of fun.

After doing my daily routine, I left the house first, going through Jitters to get my coffee and I also bought it for the people at STAR Labs. As soon as I got to the lab, I distributed the coffees to the team. As I realized it every year, Caitlin, Cisco and Harry spend Christmas night here in the lab. And this year, as they knew I was going to spend the festival alone, they invited me to spend with them and of course, I accepted.

What was agreed was that after we left the laboratory, we would each go to our house, to change clothes and get everything we needed for this night and then at eight at night, we would go back to the laboratory. Today was quite calm, without metahuman attacks, which is a very good thing. As soon as it was time for us to leave, we left the laboratory and went to our home to change clothes.

After taking a shower and changing clothes, I put the gifts I had for the STAR labs people in a bag and left the house, passing by Jitters, in order to help Caitlin to take the food to the laboratory. She told me that since she was not close to her family, the first year she joined STAR Labs, Cisco and Harry offered to spend the night with her and over the years, this offer started to be a tradition, so every year, the three of them spend the night at the STAR Labs and then Christmas Day, Cisco and Harry spend it with their families and Caitlin goes to her apartment.

- Since you are also alone this year at this time of year, I think we can keep each other company tomorrow. This is if you want it.

- Of course I do.- I replied smiling.

"Here's your request, do you need anything else?" Asked one of Jitters' employees.

- Could you give me four tablets of those chocolates please?

"Is it to offer?" Asked the same lady.

- Yes.

- Then just wait a moment and I'll wrap them up. That way it always looks better.

- Thank you very much, - said Caitlin, smiling. - Every year, I offer a chocolate to each security guard who stays until later. I know it's not a big deal, but it's always a way of thanking them for being on duty tonight that is so important and supposed to be with your family.

- It's a very nice gesture on your part.

- Here they are.

- Thank you and happy Christmas, - said Caitlin and we left the Jitters, towards STAR Labs. As soon as we entered the laboratory, we noticed that the security guards were already preparing to leave.

"You have a gift here, I hope you have a good meal and a nice Christmas day," Caitlin said, handing the packages over to the guards before they left.

As soon as we got to the control room, I noticed that a table for the four of us was already set up and the drinks on the table. We took the food out of the bags and put down the aluminum dishes that had come with Jitters' food and started our Christmas Eve dinner. The dinner was very lovely and it was nice to have an opportunity to be with them and to talk to them about subjects that had nothing to do with work or metahumans.

At the end of dinner, desserts came and although there were only four of us, the quantity of desserts on this table was almost enough for a family of twenty. The dessert that I had the most was the oreo mousse that Caitlin had made and I must tell you that it was wonderful. The rest of the night was spent in conversation, laughing, eating, drinking and dancing. It was half past eleven when we distributed the Christmas gifts and after that we said goodbye to each other.

Oreo Mousse:

- I assume you two will spend Christmas Day together, - said Harry after locking STAR Labs

- Yes, we will, after all there is no reason to spend it alone.- I replied smiling and looked at Caitlin.

- I hope you have a good Christmas day and see you on the 26th.- said Cisco.

After the goodbyes, each one of us got into their cars, except for me, because I had the fastest vehicle of all, my speed, but Caitlin insisted on taking me home, so I ended up accepting her ride.

- What time do you want me to be at your house?

- Noon, could it be?

- I'll be there. And do I need to take anything?

- No, I have everything we needed. Just worry about showing up, Barry Allen.

- Deal. So see you soon, Caitlin Snow.

"See you, Barry Allen," Caitlin said, smiling.

After getting out of Caitlin's car, I waited for her to pull out to get into the house. As I was still not sleepy, I sat down on the sofa for a while and turned on my television. Although it is a different Christmas than I am used to, I am happy to be able to spend this date with my third family, the STAR Labs family.