Perfect Strangers

Barry Allen and Caitlin Snow ... two seventeen-year-olds, who live in the same city, walk in the same school, catch the same meter in the morning, however these two had never noticed each other's presence. The summer holidays had arrived and that meant that it was no longer necessary to wake up every day at seven-thirty in the morning, or spend most of your time clinging to books.

Both already had plans for the first month of vacation, which was going to be a trip with their respective groups of friends. While Barry Allen was going to Sorrento, Italy. Caitlin Snow was going to spend this first month of vacation in Halkidiki in Greece. What they both did not know is that a small last-minute meeting at the airport would change their vacation in ways they never thought possible. And how, you ask? It's simple, just a small meeting at the airport and a simple exchange of mobile phones.

And how did that happen? Well, the answer to that question is also quite simple. After both had checked in, they sat on the benches waiting to be told when they should board. About forty minutes ago, a lady's voice was heard over the loudspeakers, saying that the doors to the flight to Greece and Italy would open within seconds, so they both got up from their seats, took their smallest suitcases, since the rest were already inside the plane, and went to the boarding gate. However when Barry handed his ticket to the lady, she noticed that Barry was at the wrong door.

So, like any human being who is in a hurry and does not want to miss his flight, he took his suitcase again and ran to the other door, which happened to be not even far from where he was. But on the run to the door, he ran into a person, this being Caitlin and although no one was hurt, some of the belongings fell to the floor. As both were in a hurry to get on their respective flights, neither of them paid much attention to what had just happened and each took a cell phone and entered their respective corridors and sat in their respective places, inside the plane.

When they noticed that they had the wrong cell phones, they couldn't do anything to change them again, so both Caitlin and Barry decided that as soon as they landed, they would send a message to their cell phones. And what started as a simple cell phone exchange at Central City Airport, ended up being the start of an unexpected but no less beautiful relationship.

As soon as Caitlin landed, she and her friends got off the plane and were waiting for a taxi to take them to their accommodation, where they were staying this month. Caitlin was about to send a message to her cell phone number when she received a call. At first she didn't know what to do, because the cell phone she had in her hand was not hers, but then, when she saw the number that was calling her at this hour, she recognized it as her own and decided to answer it.

- Caitlin? - someone said on the other end of the line. - My name is Barry Allen and I have your cell phone with me.

- Oh hello Barry, I was just going to send you a message.

And it was in this way that the friendship between these two began. During this holiday month, calls and messages exchanged with each other began to increase, until they reached the point where neither of them managed to spend a day without talking to the other. It was as if they had known each other and had been friends for years ...

As soon as they both returned to Central City, they agreed to meet in a park that was just five minutes from the school, which they both attended. Both Barry and Cailtin were a little nervous about this meeting, because although during this past month they have spoken a lot of times by call and through messages, they had never spoken face-to-face, where everything was more frightening.

"Did I make you wait too long?" Asked Caitlin as soon as she reached Barry's side and sat down on the bench.

- No, I also arrived just now.

"I believe this is yours!" Caitlin said, taking Barry's cell phone out of her suitcase.

- Thank you, I also have yours here. I was tired of listening to your cell phone. You must have thousands of messages there and some missed calls.

- I then update people on why I didn't answer. What do you say we are going to eat something? Unless you've already had breakfast?

- Actually I did, but I'll take a coffee, "replied Barry, smiling and they both got up from the garden bench and went towards Jitters." You know, although we talked constantly during this month, I feel that there is still a lot about you that I don't know.

- Very well. You can ask whatever you want, I'm an open book.

- What is your favorite color?

- Blue and yours?

- Red. What is your favorite movie and series?

- Film, I have enough but I think one of them is Soul or any of the films in the Harry Potter saga. And my favorite series of all time is Supernatural. Whatever you say, this series always makes me feel great! So what about you?

- Bird Box. And the series is The Office.

- Good choices. I think it's my turn to ask you a few questions. What is your favorite season?

- Autumn. And yours?

- Hmm ... me too. If you woke up tomorrow with any superpower, which one would you choose and why?

- Super speed! Or teleportation. Because that way I was never late for anything and I didn't have to wake up almost an hour before I was able to arrive at my school on time. So what about you?

- Read minds! I can't explain why, but I think it would be quite a cool power. What would be a perfect day for you?

- That's easy, waking up late, having lunch whatever I wanted that day and I spent the whole afternoon at home, in my pajamas, watching movies. Okay, now is my last and most important question ... Where would you like to be at this very moment?

- Nowhere. I'm right where I am now!

- Good, because I feel exactly the same.

After drinking their coffees, Barry and Caitlin decided to spend a little more time together, as they were both in no mood to be anywhere else. Since they exchanged the first message, on the day they exchanged cell phones at the airport, they knew that there was someting very special between the two.

It was from this day that these two never left each other's side! In addition to meeting every day, to have breakfast together, to stroll through the park or simply to be seated on the stairs at Caitlin's entrance, they still spent the rest of the time they were apart, exchanging messages.

They might not know it yet, but I know that these two will still have many adventures together, full of affection, friendship, love and loyalty.