If you need me

ThanksLewisBray4 for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one. 

---

POV CAITLIN:

Everything seemed to be getting back on track, we finally managed to defeat DeVoe and we got Ralph back to our team safe and sound, and best of all, we found out that my father's death certificate was false, that is, there is a strong possibility of he is still alive!

After walking for a few weeks looking for clues about my father's possible whereabouts, Cisco called me this morning to say he had new clues, so I dispatched my daily routine and quickly left the house. As soon as I arrived at STAR Labs, he told me that he suspected my father was in a warehouse that belonged to Tannhauser Industries.

"What kind of research does your mother's lab do exactly?" Asked Barry as soon as we got to that warehouse and started inspecting the area.

- Honestly I have no idea.

"Caity?" Someone asked behind us, and as soon as I turned around I saw a man who looked like my father.

- Dad? Are you?

- Is this really happening? Is this real? "He asked as I approached him and hugged him.

- Yes it's real. I'm right here, dad.

After our long-awaited hug, which I didn't even know was possible, since I thought he was dead, he explained to us that Wells had given him access to the STAR Labs surveillance cameras, but only until recently is that he really got to see what was going on there. He also explained that, after he knew he had ALS, he started to get desperate, so he started experimenting with cryogenics therapies, but the experiments started to become more and more dangerous, so he had to be quarantined. to protect the people around him. However, he also said he managed to freeze the progression of the disease.

After our conversation, we chose to take him to STAR Labs, as I didn't want to lose my dad again. However, there was something strange about my father's behavior, in fact Cisco came to tell me that my father was not my father, but of course at the time I did not want to hear, because I had finally fulfilled one of my wishes deeper, which was having my dad back. How I regret not listening to Cisco!

However later on, we discovered that Cisco was absolutely right when he warned me that my father was not quite my father. Apparently he had an alter-ego, just like I have Killer Forst, called Icicle, who wanted to use the serum I had created to kill my father once and for all, so that he could inhabit his body 100% . But when he was ready to inject himself with the serum, I managed to break the mental block that DeVoe had put in my mind.

After a fight between Icile, Killer Frost and Thomas Snow, who from time to time was still taking control of the body, Icicle got the better of it, managing to escape from our border, leaving me shattered. However, the worst was yet to come. A few weeks later we heard from Icicle or Thomas Snow again, whatever you want to call it. After he kidnapped my mother and temporarily took away my powers, he imprisoned my mother in a capsule, bringing her existing metahuman side to the top.

As soon as Barry, Cisco and Ralph joined me in the fight against my father, they were tasked with getting my mom out of there, while I went after Icicle. But things did not go as I expected for my side, because Icicle managed to defeat me, but when he was within inches of throwing me a piece of ice, my father was able to take care of his body and thus stop Icicle.

Finally I had my father back and not his Machiavellian half, but of course nothing for the Snow family goes well, because when everything seemed to be getting on track, a new person appears, who is after my father, or better than Icicle. The fight between me and Grace, which came from the future, lasted a few minutes and I can even say that it was very close, but as soon as her knife was about to hit me, my father stood in front of me, taking him with the knife in the back.

- Dad, I told you to go.

- I did it once in the past, I would not do it again. Family must not abandon the family! I will always love you, always, never forget that.

- I love you too, Dad.

Here I was, with my father's lifeless body in my arms, blood running down the wound on his back, due to the knife that the other woman was carrying with her.

- Cait.- said Barry kneeling beside me and wrapped me in his arms.

- I had him back. I was finally able to make up for lost time with my father.

- I know, Cait.- said Cisco coming to our edge. - We will give him the burial he deserves.

- Not! We alright buried him in the past. I can't go through that again.

- What if we did a more private burial? Just the two of us and your friends from STAR Labs. - said my mother coming to our edge.

After accepting my mother's proposal and after Cisco opened the way for Harry to join us, he had the idea instead of having a new funeral, even if it was more private, that we would be cremated and we could drop his ash in a special place. Harry told us that he had a friend who works at a funeral home and that he was going to call him and we would all go over there, because it was not safe for us to walk around Central City with the body of a man who was supposedly dead for years.

After Harry managed to get his friend to fit us into his schedule, Cisco opened a portal that took us right up to the room where Harry's friend was going to do the "job", but I wasn't able to stay here and watch, so I asked for permission and left the building, sitting on the stairs outside.

"Can I sit down?" Asked Barry from behind me and I agreed.

- I never thought I was going to go through this again. This is too much for me, Barry. I can't say goodbye to my father again!

- I know it's difficult, believe me. But I will be by your side, in fact we all will.

- Thank you Barry, for being an excellent friend.

- Come on dear ones- said my mother coming to our edge.

It was time to say goodbye to my father again and I was not ready to remain, but I tried to be as strong as possible, because I had to remember that it was not just me who was suffering ... My mother was to bury your husband a second time!

After pouring his ashes over the river that was in my father's favorite park, which was where he and I came a lot when I was little, I chose to call it a day and I took my car and went home. I barely sat on the couch, heard my cell phone ringing and it was a call from Barry, so I answered it.

"You know that if you need me, you just have to say that I'm going to run to you, literally." - B.

"I know, but I think I need to be a little alone, to process everything." - C.

"Are you sure?" - B.

"Yes! But thanks for the proposal, Barry." - C.

"You already know that I'm here for what you need. And you already know, just a message and I'll come." - B.

"Yes, I know. That's why I adore you." - C.

"So then we talked later." - B.

Despite being shattered at the moment, I know that I have wonderful friends who are always available to help me and that makes me a little happier.