Someone you Loved

Thanks fireeeeanddddiceeee   for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one.

---

 It has been a year since Ronnie died a second time. It's just not enough for me to have to suffer his loss the first time, but having to go through it again is killing me. With each passing day, I miss him more and more ... I miss his face being the first and last thing I see before I wake up and fall asleep. I miss his touch ... his kisses and hugs.

Although all the other days of the year cost me to be without him, this day is the most difficult to pass, because after all it is the anniversary of his death. After finishing my daily routine, I had breakfast and left the house towards STAR Labs. But when I got to the lab entrance, I started to remember the day when Ronnie sacrificed himself for us and tears threatened to fall.

"- He died like a hero, Caitlin.- said Martin coming to our side, accompanied by Cisco, Joe and Iris.

- I didn't want him to be a hero, I wanted him to be alive. "

"Caitlin ... Caitlin, is everything okay?" someone asked behind me, pulling me out of the world of thoughts.

- Oh yes, sorry. I was distracted. What did you ask?

- Is everything okay?

- Yes, I was just thinking. Are we going in? - I asked Barry and as soon as we got to the control room, I greeted everyone and sat down at my desk.

I know I was a little distracted today, but the truth is that I can't concentrate on work, so I went to talk to Harry alone and explained what was going on and he told me to go home and rest and then tomorrow I would come back fresh to work.

I was perfectly aware that I couldn't be at home doing nothing, so I went to the cemetery where Ronnie was buried. Before entering, I went to the florist that was nearby and bought a bouquet with Ronnie's favorite flowers. As soon as I got to the grave where Ronnie was, I changed the bouquet of flowers that were already there, which happened to be even withered and put what I had bought.

- Good morning my love. I know that the last thing you want is for me to be there crying in the corners, but it's stronger than me. I gave everything to have you here with me again. You can't imagine how much I miss you! When I think I have overcome your loss, I see something that reminds me of you and I return to the pit of sadness that exists within me. However, although I am suffering here, I hope you are having fun wherever you are, because you deserve to have a calm eternity. But wherever you are, I hope you knew that you were, you are and you will always be the love of my life and that will never change, even on the day I remake my life. So I promise you that every year, on this day I come to visit you without exceptions.

It's the first time I've been here since Ronnie's funeral and even though it's costing me a lot to be here, the truth is that talking to him is making me more relieved. In the middle of my conversation with him, I feel a hand resting on my shoulder and as soon as I turn around, I see Barry.

- What are you doing here?

- I came to see how you were. I thought you were in need of a friendly shoulder, so today I'm just at your service.- Barry said smiling.

- Thanks Barry, but you didn't have to worry about me. I'll be fine!

- I know you will, because you are the most fighter person I know, but at this point it is good for us to have a friendly shoulder, if only to cry.

Barry and I spent another half hour here in front of Ronnie's grave and then we said goodbye to him and went for a walk. When Barry asked me where I wanted to go, I could only remember one place, so we ended up going to the park that was between Jitters and STAR Labs. As soon as we got to the park, I took Barry's hand and took him to the best spot in this park. It was a very simple area, with only a few trees, some flowers, but it had a beautiful view of the lake.

- This is where Ronnie asked me to date. I still remember that day as if it just happened yesterday. I was so nervous, because I had a crush on him since the day Hr introduced us, but I was always afraid to tell him because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. However exactly four months after we met, he brought me here at the end of our shift at the lab and asked me to be his girlfriend.

"- You know you're a very special person to me, don't you? - asked Ronnie after we sat on the grass.

- I know, you're also very special to me.

- You can't imagine what you make me feel with a simple good morning. When I see you coming in through the control room door, it's like my world lights up. I never thought to feel for someone what I feel whenever we are together. Caitlin, I can't continue to be just your friend ... Not when what I want to do is kiss you every time you approach me.

- Ronnie I ...

- So, do you, Caitlin Snow, give me the incredible honor of being my girlfriend?

- Of course I do! "

"It's a beautiful memory," said Barry.

- I had never been as happy as I was that day and all it took was a simple question to make my heart explode with happiness. And I am perfectly aware that just meeting a person for four months is little time to move on to a relationship, but it is as if we are destined to be together. The day he died in the Particle Accelerator explosion was the saddest and most complicated day of my life, because more than a fiance, I had lost my best friend. And when I thought I could finally move on with my life, we discovered that he had survived the explosion and that left me radiant, because the universe had given me a second chance to be with him.

- I understand what you feel, believe me.

The rest of my day was spent in the company of Barry. And, really what had helped me to get through this horrible day, was his company. It was good to know that I wasn't going through this alone and that I could count on his presence and his friendship, if only to hug me while I cried.