Back in Time

BARRY POV:

One more fight against a meta-human ... one more victory for the STAR Labs team ... And one more effort on the part of everyone, whether they were at the scene of the confrontation or behind a computer to provide support. The truth is that about two months ago, the cases of meta-human attacks have increased and the team was getting exhausted, as they were never able to rest for a long time, that's why Wells 2.0 made an important decision.

- I think it's time to have some rest, so what do you think of a mini vacation. I don't say a week, but rest for two or three days.

- But what if there are more attacks? The city cannot be without its superheroes, "I argued.

- I know, but that's why I called for backup. I've already talked to the rest of the team and Wally, Ralf and my daughter, Jesse, will be staying here to help me, me and Cisco during these next three days. You both need to rest!

- Do you really think it's a good idea?

- It's a great idea, you two more than anyone else are exhausted.- said this time Cisco.- Take this weekend to rest and return only on Tuesday.

- Maybe this is what we need, - said Caitilin, smiling.

- Yeah, but I think that will have to wait another hour.- I said looking at Caitlin's computer.

"Go equip yourselves, while I try to find out what's going on," said Harry to me and Caitlin.

I noticed that Cisco really wanted to come with us but after he got hurt in the fight against a meta-human earlier this week, he thought it was better to help us but here at STAR Labs. Since Ralph was dealing with another personal matter, Harry told us that he was going to send him a message and that he was going to meet us there, so Caitin and I went to get equipped. But as soon as we got to the address Harry had given us, we didn't see anything suspicious, which made the situation very suspicious.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" I asked over the intercom.

- It is the address that appears in the alert.- replied Cisco.

- Maybe it was a false alarm ...

- Ah, Flash ... I think we are in the right place, - said Killer Frost.

- Thank goodness, my dear friends arrived - said a voice that approached us. - I promise that this will not hurt anything ...

Before we could defend, a flash appeared and we were transported to another location. As soon as we opened our eyes, we noticed that the environment had changed and that we were no longer wearing our superhero disguises. I still tried to use super speed to make a reconnaissance run into space but I was not able to use its powers.

Caitlin's Clothes:

Barry's Clothes:

"Where are we at?" Asked Caitlin, looking around

"Where are we at?" Asked Caitlin, looking around. "And what are these clothes?

- You are in 1950.- said behind us.

- Abra Kadabra? What are you doing here and what have you done to us?

- The answer to that question is simple, but a little complex at the same time. Let's say that we are in a parallel reality in which we are in Central City and in 1950.

"Why?" Asked Caitlin, a little unnerved by this situation.

- My reasons don't matter.

- You can only be kidding ... And how do we get out of here?

- As soon as your friends from STAR Labs find a way to get you out of here or even find a way to get out of here, which I guarantee is not easy. You know, I even loved to keep talking to you both, but I have important appointments in Central City and I really can't miss them. So good luck my friends!

We still tried to stop him from leaving because we needed more information, but he was faster than us. It was official, we were stuck in 1950 and on top of that, in a parallel reality, we had no idea how we were going to get out of here. And the worst of all is that no matter how hard we try to think of an idea to get out here, the truth is that the two of us are exhausted, since we haven't slept at all for several days and our body is in need of rest.

- Maybe the best thing is to find a place to rest today and tomorrow we started thinking about a way to get out of here.

- Well, and where are we going to get a space? We didn't exactly come full of money, "said Caitlin.

Really, she was right. I don't know how we're going to find a place to rest tonight, but the truth is that we needed a break. It was then that something a little strange happened ... It seems that the two of us were a little known here because of our inn. After following the directions, we arrived at the door of a very amplified, but welcoming house. As soon as we opened the door, with a key that appeared in my pants pocket, at the entrance, behind the counter, we found a painting with a photograph of us.

Apparently, this is after taking a walk around our pension, Caitlin and I are more than co-owners of this pension, but we are in fact married. During the next few days, we did not stop looking for a way to get out of here but the truth is that without our powers, things would not be so easy. However, when both of us had lost hope of getting out of this reality, a guardian angel came to greet us and with a guardian angel I mean our best friend, Cisco Ramon.

"Do you need a little help?" They asked behind us.

- Cisco?! - we asked both surprised to see him behind us, but very happy. - How did you know where we were?

- We caught Abra Kadabra doing some mischief in Central City and we suspect that he had a finger on what happened to you, so after a few days of many conversations and a lot of persuasion, he ended up telling us that he had sent you here. But from what I see your life here is not so bad at all.

- It is not, but I am delighted to be able to return to my house.- said Caitlin and we went to the side of Cisco.

- Hang on.- warned Cisco and we entered the portal that took us back to STAR Labs.

- Do you know that vacation we had to take? I think they really come in handy, but I think I'll pass them over here, since I don't feel like entering any portal in the near future.- said Caitlin, making us all laugh at her comment.

- You two go home and take a few days off. You deserve it ... and welcome home, 'said Harry, smiling.

"Can I confess something to you?" Asked Caitlin as we headed for Caitlin's car.

- Of course.

- Since I had to be married to someone, I'm glad it is with you.

- Me too. - I said, smiling.

The truth is that her comment left me speechless and my answer was the best thing I could think of at the moment. Being stuck in a parallel reality and at a different time is bad, but thankfully I was in the company of Caitlin. However, I think I'm going to subscribe to Caitlin's idea ... I think enough of using portals for a while!