Hold me while you wait

Thanks fireeeeanddddiceeee  for another title for the one shots :) I really hope you like this one. 

---

BARRY POV:

After my mother's death, at the hands of the Reverse Flash, my life completely turned upside out, followed by my father's arrest for a crime he didn't even commit. I never thought to feel that same pain again, but the truth is that I was completely wrong.

When I was told that there was a possibility that I could go back to the past to save my mother, nothing made me happier than that. This event was going to happen, after Caitlin and Ronnie's wedding, so I still had a few days to prepare myself mentally for the most complicated mission I have ever had in my life. The day of Caitlin and Ronnie's wedding arrived and after the ceremony, which was very pleasant, it was time to say goodbye to my friends and family.

- Barry, you will not embark on this mission alone. I'll go with you! "Exclaimed Caitlin, wearing a suit that Cisco drew.

- But you can't come, you'll end up hurting yourself seriously. We don't know if the suit works properly.

- Then it's time to try it out. I will not let you go alone to the past. And there is nothing you can say or do that will change my mind. "said Cailtin, putting on her helmet.

I still tried to get her to change her mind, but I saw that it wouldn't be possible for her to do so, so before I started running, I asked her to hold on very well to me, as it was going to be a very unsafe trip.

- Don't forget that you only have one minute and fifty-two minutes to return. Otherwise a singularity would form!

- And you are careful, my girl. Just now we got married, I don't want to be without you. And you, Allen, take good care of my wife.

- Do not worry, we will return safe and sound and with my mother alive.

"Good luck," said Joe and Iris at the same time.

"Ready?" I asked, turning my head slightly to Caitlin and she just nodded.

As I ran, I saw the past, present, and future before traveling back to the night my mother was murdered. However, as soon as we got to my old room and before I managed to do anything, I was stopped by the Flash of the future, which just with a negative nod, told me a lot. So, without being able to do anything, I stood there behind my bedroom door watching how the Flash of the future took my father and me (child) out of that house.

After that, I just stood there and watched while the Reverse Flash killed my mom again. But I couldn't go through it again, so I closed the door carefully so as not to attract suspicion and sat with my back against the door of my old room.

Seconds later I felt arms around my neck and when I lifted my head up a bit, I saw that Caitlin was trying to comfort me, while my mother's screams were coming through the house. She just kept hugging me while I waited for my mother to be killed, again.

Almost five minutes later, silence came over this house and I knew this was a sign that the path was clear, so I carefully opened the door to my room and went to my mother. After assuring my mother that her son and her husband were safe, I tried to enjoy these last few seconds with her, so I removed my mask.

- You look just like my father.

- This won't make any sense but its me ... mom. It's Barry ... You're Barry.

- Oh, my beautiful boy.

- I had a second chance to come back here ... to tell you that I am okay. Dad and I are both okay. And we love you, mom. We love you.- I said crying.

- Goodbye ... Barry.

It was no longer enough for me to have to deal with my mother's death once, but having to do it again was killing me. I stayed a few more seconds kneeling beside my mother's already inanimate body, while the tears fell from my face and formed a "river" on the floor of the room.

- Barry ...- Caitlin said approaching slowly. - I'm sorry!

- I lost her again, Cait.

- Is there anything I can do to help you?

- Can I hug you? I just need a hug right now.- I replied and she hugged me immediately.

- I know this costs a lot, but you know you can always count on me and the rest of the team.

- I know. Thank you for coming with me! - I exclaimed still in her arms.

- You don't need to thank me.

We were a little more embraced, but we both knew that our time was running out and that we would have to go back to our time, otherwise something negative would happen and neither of us wanted it to happen. Caitlin hugged me again and I started running so we could get back to our home.

However, as soon as we got back, we only managed to have five seconds of calm, because the singularity formed in the particle accelerator . I still tried to stabilize it, but I was not having much success with that task until Firestorm appeared and what happened next shocked everyone.

As soon as the singularity was closed, only part of the Firestorm, that is, only Martin returned with me to the edge of our friends. Ronnie had given his life to save me and save the people of Central City, and as soon as Caitlin reached our edge, she realized that something was not right. She still looked everywhere to see if she could see where Ronnie was, but as soon as she looked into my eyes, she realized that he was gone.

Although I was still suffering from my mother's death, I knew that Caitlin needed my support, so I left everything and everyone and just went to hug her. It may not seem like much, but a hug helps us to better endure the pain, it doesn't extinguish it but it helps to comfort the person.

So, what happened is that for the next few minutes, we just held each other and comforted each other.