Epilogue

Epilogue

- 7 YEARS LATER -

Kira's POV

A sudden buzz pulled me out of my beautiful dream, that I couldn't quite remember when I woke up, but I did try to grasp it before the buzzing provoked it to fade away. Growing impatient with the annoying sound, I slapped my hand over the snooze button and rubbed my eyes tiredly, the dream now faded and forgotten. Paul groaned behind me and stirred, releasing a throaty groan. I looked over my shoulder and cracked a smile at his sleeping form. I hauled my legs off the bed and practically stumbled into the bathroom preparing myself for the day. After having a shower and applying make-up I walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom to see Paul sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly.

"G'morning" I greeted and walked over to the drawers, pulling a necklace off of the jewellery stand at the top.

"Morning angel" He replied and stood up from the bed, walking over to me. I pulled my hair over the necklace and stood on my tip toes, pecking his lips as he passed. He walked into the bathroom to do his business and my heart squeezed at his tired state. A vampire had run through the land the previous night, so Sam had doubled the patrol and Paul paid the price for it this morning as he missed a few hours of sleep. I followed him into the bathroom just as he closed the toilet seat. 

"You should go back to sleep, Paul, you look exhausted" I advised and rested my hip against the sink as he washed his hands and then bent down to wash his face. He shook his head.

"Nah, I'll be right" He shrugged off. He dried his face and glanced at his appearance in the mirror. I frowned completely unconvinced and approached him, lifting my hands to his cheeks to pull his attention to me. 

"Are you sure?" I asked, swiping my thumbs under his eyes gently. He looked at me and grinned, wrapping his arms around my torso and pulling me against his chest into a hug. I folded my arms over his shoulders and around his neck, scratching it lightly as he hummed.

"I'm positive" He mumbled into my neck. I smiled.

"Okay." He kissed my shoulder and then pulled back, pressing his lips against mine to reassure me. He pulled back and pecked my lips once more.

A sudden soft knock on the door pulled us apart. We exchanged a glance and Paul smiled as he walked up to the door and opened it, revealing our six-year-old daughter, Serena. She looked up at Paul and then looked over at me with a pout, before dragging her feet forward and wrapping her little arms around Paul's legs.

"I'm tired" She complained into his knees. I smiled and walked next to Paul and ruffled her hair.

"You have school though, Serena" I reminded her, softly. She groaned and squeezed Paul's legs tighter. I glanced at Paul and the adoration in his eyes as he looked at his daughter filled my stomach with butterflies.

"Can you make me the special toast, mummy?" She asked, looking up at me with an irresistible pout.

"What's the magic word?" Paul asked, softly.

"Please!" I chuckled and nodded.

"Of course, come on, let's make your bed first" I said taking her hand and leading her back to her room. As I did I looked over my shoulder and smiled at Paul who watched us walk off.

After making her bed we went into the kitchen and prepared the 'special toast', which was just French toast, and we made some breakfast for Paul as well. Shortly afterwards, Paul and our four-year-old son, Loki, walked out of the hallway and into the dining area. Loki rubbed his eyes and gave me a toothy grin. Serena sat down at the table as I placed the plate of toast in front of her and knelt down. Loki ran up to me, wrapping his arms tightly around my neck.