49. The Huntress

Chapter 49

"Kira!" Ryder yelled and grasped my arm, pulling me behind him. Paul growled and stormed up to Ryder.

"What are you doing?"

"She's here" Ryder hissed through his teeth, leaning closer to Paul.

"Who's here?" I asked confused. He looked over his shoulder at me.

"The huntress".

"Who the bloody hell is the huntress?" Paul asked.

"Her" Ryder said looking behind Paul. I stepped to the side of Ryder to see Paul's mother standing in front of us. She smiled at us and then sadly at Paul.

"You have no idea how much I have sacrificed for you Paul, my little boy. I couldn't let you shift and live with so much pressure and burdens. So I became this person to find an equivalent of his blood. I needed it and a few other ingredients to complete the modification" Paul's mother explained.

"But being a werewolf isn't a burden! How did you know I was going to hate my life as a werewolf?" Paul asked turning around. He looked his mum disappointedly and knitted his brows together.

"Paul-"

"She presumed and every one that presumes is wrong" Ryder growled and walked up beside Paul. She pulled a crossbow out from behind her back and shot it at Ryder. He caught it before it hit his chest and looked up at her with a smirk. She smirked back and shot one at his leg, which dug directly into his leg. He gritted his teeth together and fell to the ground, the leg buckling beneath him.

"You-"

"Yeah, yeah, now don't get in my way, like you have for the past eight years" she sneered and looked up at me.

"Hey!" Paul yelled.

"I'm sorry, baby" she apologised and shot an arrow at his arm. The arrow swished through the air and hit him in the arm. He growled in pain and wrapped his hand around the arrow. I watched as Ryder snapped the arrow in his leg and slowly with-drew it from his leg.

"What are you doing?" I asked with my brows knitted together.

"Kira, run" Ryder whispered. I looked at him and shook my head.

"Run!" Paul yelled. I quickly turned and went to run, but was stopped by a bounty hunter- a tall one mind you. He grinned at me and punched me in the stomach, sending me flying back next to Ryder. I had the wind knocked out of me.

"Kira!" Paul yelled out. "I'll never take this...this cure!" He pulled the arrow out of his arm and turned into his silver wolf, suddenly. He snarled at her viciously, and then threw his head back and howled-loudly. The bounty hunter came up behind me and pulled me up, by the back of my shirt, in a kneeling position. I looked up at the bounty and smirked. Putting my hand behind my back I created a fireball and threw it back at him. He erupted in flames and screamed out in agony. I stood up, dusting off my knees.

"I'm sorry, Paul" I whispered and threw a fireball at his mother. She put her cross bow up and it deflated into the crossbow.

"You know, I've been searching a long time for you. Who knew you'd be where I began? You know all those bounty hunters that have come after you, you remember how you are wanted but you never knew why? I made you wanted. None of them were going to kill you, even if it looked like they were. Oh, then there was Hilary girl that almost screwed up my chances. Yeah, her friend has payed for it-her friend that was in Denali. What's his name?"

"Rick" I whispered. I hadn't seen him in ages.

"Yeah Rick," she smiled wickedly, "oh and remember the Ryan impostor, also my genius plan".