43. Taken To a Foreign Land

Chapter 43

Kira's POV

"What do you think you're doing?" I gulped and felt my palms grow with sweat. I was positive he could hear my heart racing, to the point where I felt like it could have broken through my ribcage and leaped from my body onto the floor.

"Uh..." He snaked his arm around my waist, whilst feigning a sweet smile, and pulled me tightly by his hard side. He walked back towards the stairs, dragging me beside him. We climbed up those horrid stairs as he made his grip tighter and his fingertips dig painfully into my side. I wouldn't be surprised to see some minor bruising there soon. We burst through the motel room door and he stormed in pushing me onto the couch. I landed on the couch with an oomph and glared up at him intensely. He was throwing me around like a rag doll.

"Who did you call?" He exclaimed, leaning over me with his hands placed on the couch on either side of my head.

"You reached me before I could call anyone. I should have kept running, you psycho!" I yelled, leaning closer up to him and sat on my hands before I shoved him.

"Now, now, sweetheart, don't lie to me because you'll only make things worse. Who did you call?" He hissed through his teeth, the anger in his eyes radiating onto me.

"My mate" I replied with a sneer. He growled and clenched his jaw angrily. He pushed off the couch and walked over to the opposite wall with a growl.

"What did you say?"

"Ask me the real question," I insisted and leaned forward. "How did I do that?" I pointed to his arm that hadn't healed yet, but it had started. He looked down at his arm and scanned the flesh wound.

"Fine then. How did you do that to my arm?"

"I don't know...how do you turn into a big, furry dog?" He narrowed his eyes at me and released a growl. Deciding I didn't want to be pushed around I shrugged. "It's something in my genetics...I don't know."

"Then how come I haven't healed yet?" He asked with confusion.

"It's supposed to be a different kind of fire, even though it does the same thing; burn things, set things alight and creates heat" I explained. He narrowed his eyes at me, as if sensing that I was lying. I didn't want to go spilling the beans to this guy who not only kidnapped me, but is also holding me against my own will for his own benefits.

"Where's your passport?" His change in topic confused me. 

"La Push" I answered. I expected a bigger interrogation than that.

"Then how are you here?" He asked, walking up to me. I looked up at him and contemplated my response.

"Magic friend" I answered slowly.

"Call whoever bought you here and tell them to come. We are going back to La Push" he ordered and took a step back.

"La Push?"

"Yes," he paused and walked to the door of the bedroom. "Call them!" Trey walked into the room and out of my sight, allowing me to breath normally again and relax my shoulders. He had my body stiff with alertness and my heart rate speeding. I heard ruffling and sighed wishing I was somewhere else. But La Push? I thought he'd want to go straight to the Makah Reservation. But now I was under the impression that he had other plans in mind. 

"I need a phone" I called out. He walked out and placed an iPhone in my lap. I muttered a 'thanks' and looked up at him expecting him to leave. But he didn't. He stood over me and waited, eyes narrowed. I sighed and turned the phone on and brought up the keypad. I dialled Ryder's number and held the phone to my ear waiting for a response.