47. Interruptions

Chapter 47

I leaned against the tree and opened my palm. A fireball appeared in its glowing and flaming form. I stared at it feeling irritation. I was in the cafeteria with the pack, but everyone was staring and everyone was watching, and worse judging. They thought Paul and I were reckless, but we were this weeks gossip...or todays gossip. They found it amusing the situation we could have gotten ourselves into. But personally I was just sick of it. I hated the judging eyes and the looks. They were the worst. Paul glared at everyone who stared but he couln't keep everyones eyes off us.

So here I sat with my fireball and my thoughts. I told Paul I needed to go to the bathroom and when he got up to go with me I told him I needed to go alone. After reluctantly letting me go I sprinted out of the hallways and into the forest. I wasn't far out into the forest, only a kilometre past the tree line maybe.

My phone began ringing and I realised this was the third time it'd gone off. I used my hand that wasn't occupied by a fireball and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"Hello" I called into the speaker.

"Kira where the hell are you? And why aren't you answering my calls? This is the third time ringing you" Paul gushed, worry in his tone. I sighed leaning my head back against the tree.

"I'm fine Paul, I just need air" I admitted with a sigh.

"Well where are you? I'll join you".

"No I need air alone, by myself," I mumbled, "ya know...independence".

"Kira, independence is for people who aren't in a relationship. C'mon where are you?"

"I'm in the forest". A twig snapping startled me. I stood up and enhanced the power of the fireball.

"Kira, stay outta there! I don't care if you're supernatural and you can protect yourself, get out now!" He exclaimed in the speaker.

"Witch!" A voice yelled and a knife hurdled my way. I quickly ducked and dropped my phone.

"Shit" I whispered. That was close. I pulled the knife out of the tree and held it by my side. "Show yourself" I called out. Another knife hurdled my way and I ducked just in time for it to pass by.

"Try and defeat me witch" the voice yelled a thump! following. I looked over to my left and saw a tall, solid guy with a buzz cut and cheap clothing standing with his chin raised. He smirked at me with a sickening look.

"Now, you have made it difficult to track. Your scent is harder and harder to find. Why is that?" I frowned and went to touch my mark, but stopped. Instead I tightened my grip on the knife and held it up.

"Maybe your just a weak bounty hunter" I suggested with a smirk. And that got me the reaction I wanted. He charged at me with his knife, and once he got to a certain distance from me he threw the knife at me. I ducked once again and growled in annoyance. He threw a punch at me and I fell from the impact. He stood above me and pulled another knife out of his waist belt.

Suddenly, a silver blur past me and lunged at the bounty pinning him to the ground and knocking his knife out of his hand. The bounty grunted and reached into his waist band. My eyes widened and I leaped forward, pushing Paul off him. He only staggered to the side a bit but it was enough for me to stab the knife through the bounties arm.

He screamed and dropped the knife he'd pulled from his waistband. Paul snarled and stepped on the bounties leg. He screamed in agony and put his free hand forward, gripping his thigh. Paul stood back and turned back, hastily pulling his shorts up. I stepped on the bounties stomach, holding him down. Paul pulled the knife out of the bounties arm and walked up behind his head and secured him in a headlock. He put the knife under his throat, brushing it slightly.