28. Cheek Not Lip

Chapter 28

Jacobs POV

I pulled up my shorts exiting the forest. I had to do an extra patrol for the other night, when I kissed Kira. I sighed irritably, after this morning I was more annoyed at Paul.

First he barged into my house and then scared Kira out in the process. Second when we got on patrol, after Kira ran out, he attacked me for nearly no reason. I thought he had found out about the kiss Kira and I shared last night. He heard my theory through our mind link and attacked me again. But damn that girl. I have this pull towards her and I don't know why. It gets me in trouble every freaking time though. But that kiss...

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I saw a buff guy fly out of the back door of my house and land with an oof! in my backyard.

"What the hell?" I muttered, furrowing my brows. How the hell did he get in my house? Then I remember, Kira! Did he hurt her?

Suddenly Ryder ran out of the back door and raised his arms, a sword materialised in his hand. He swung his arm down and impaled the guy in the waist. I grimaced disgustedly at the gruesome scene. The guy erupted in flames and disintegrated within a matter of seconds.

"Barstard" Ryder growled, making the sword disappear and dusted his hands off on his jeans.

"What the hell!?" I yelled storming up to him.

"I told her! But she doesn't listen!" He yelled throwing his hands in the air. He seemed to not have noticed me because he didn't reply to my outburst. He simply turned around to walk back into the house.

"Who? Kira? Is she OK?" I asked, frantically comprehending his words. I walked after him confused on whether or not he'd seen me yet or not.

"What about Kira?" A gruff voice yelled behind me. I looked over my shoulder and growled when I saw it was Paul. Why was he here? I clenched my jaw angrily and focused my attention on Kira. Ryder stormed back into the house. I followed him worried about Kira and heard Paul hot on my heels.

I saw him walk into the laundry and when I walked in I saw him walk back out holding Kira in his arms. He walked down the hallway to my room with Paul and I following him confused as to what was going on. He walked to my room and placed her gently on my bed. She seemed to be in a deep slumber.

"I told her, but no. She is so damn stubborn!" He continued to ramble to himself angrily.

"You told her what? And who was that guy?" I snapped at him trying to get his attention. He turned around and noticed Paul and I. He frowned and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I told her not to over train herself unnesecarilly. Not with the battle coming up anyway" he explained.

"Who was that guy?" Paul asked with a growl. I looked at him briefly over my shoulder and then turned back to Ryder. Paul looked beyond pissed, I was just worried and scared for her.

"That was a warlock".

"Is she OK?" Paul asked walking up to her and pulling a strand from her eyes. I wanted to throw him off her, but after all she was his Imprint and that was a bit irrational. All I was to her was a friend and I probably always will be.

I can't believe how messed up thing have got. I have these stupid feelings for Bella and this pull to Kira. I just want to find my imprint in hope she'll cut all those strings. I feel so desperate to find my imprint in hope I can focus on just her.

"That's the warlock I was tracking. Lucky I got here in time. He was draining the life out of her, literally" Ryder said shaking his head disapprovingly. I couldn't imagine Kira lifeless and to be honest I didn't want to. That is a horrible thought for anyone, especially a loved one.