40. The Wedding II

Chapter 40

An hour after we walked into the building where the reception was being held at, were we actually allowed in. It was a large room with white rounded tables and red roses as the centre piece. In the building entrance were sheets with names listed which informed us what table we sat at. Paul and I were on the same table as Jamie, Janice and Andrew's parents. I noticed my friends were put on their own table which I made a mental note to thank my mum for later.

Once we walked into the large room we went to our table where the bridal party made their entrance. I noticed Trey sat a few tables away from us, which irritated Paul. "Relax, the nights just beginning" I told him with a smirk.

* *

"You should have seen her face!" Dustin exclaimed laughing.

"Mate, she hit you with her bag, twice" Brody laughed with him. After our main course Paul and I moved to the groups table for a while. There was, ironically, two chairs spare which apparently two hot, invisible girls sat at. Shaylee and Sharonn their names were. They were laughing about the prank Dustin and I pulled on that lady. Talking about Dustin his jaw looks okay. There is just a vague black mark there, apparently his mum put make up on it. I laughed when he told me that.

"So what happened?" Paul asked confused.

"It's a prank we pull all the time. It's when one of us calls the other and pretends that they are dating or something make the person sitting beside them feel uncomfortable. Yesterday when Dustin was in the waiting room of the hospital Kira and Dustin pulled the prank on this lady who sat beside Dustin" Will explained with a shrug.

"It was her fault!" Dustin argued.

"How so?" Travis asked. I smiled at him, glad to see he came. I was worried that he would need more persuasion to join us.

"Because she kept telling me ass and bloody were 'inappropriate and unnecessary' use of language" Dustin scoffed, air quoting inappropriate and unnecessary.

"True" Nathan muttered with a chuckle.

"I pissed myself the first time she hit him when he's all like 'I had sex with this girl last night and her boyfriend walked in on us, ya know'" Brody laughed. Paul tensed up beside me. I put my hand on his leg and smiled at him.

"It's just a joke" I said softly. Paul looked at me.

"I know" he nodded and looked back at the guys. I smiled and squeezed his leg.

"And then Kira was like-what you say?"

"I was like 'make sure you have the right size'," I laughed. "Because he was like 'take a test I think something happened!'" We continued to laugh until they all saw a group of girls dancing and decided it was time for some 'action'. They went down to the dance floor and began dancing with the girls. I smiled and shook my head.

Paul and I decided we'd go back to our table and wait for desert. After we'd gotten to our table Uncle Warren had asked for Paul to go with him to get some beer. We both knew what that meant. I smirked at him as he walked away nervously. Once Paul was out of view Trey walked up to me and sat in Paul's seat.

"Hi" he smiled. I looked at him skeptically for a moment before grinning.

"Hi."

"So, are you living here or in La Push?" He asked.

"La Push with Paul" I said, reminding him of Paul.

"Ah yes, Paul, the boyfriend," he said with a smirk. "I don't think he is very fond of me." I chuckled and shook my head.