41. Dissappeared

Chapter 41

Paul's POV

"I noticed Uncle Warren talking to you before" Jamie chuckled, taking a swig of his beer, eyes slightly glazed with drunkness.

"Yeah. that was...interesting" I chuckled with him. Judging from the short conversations I've already had with Jamie, I knew I liked him. He was easy going and just went with the flow, plus he hadn't given me the impression that he didn't approve of my relationship with Kira.

"So, did he like you?"

"I think so" I assumed with a shrug and rubbed the nape of my neck, a small worry in my gut if he did't. He seemed important to Kira, therefore I wanted him to like me.

"He's well respected in my family. Mum's an only child and, since Dad, so is Uncle Warren. After dad passed away our grandmother became heavily depressed... I take it you know about our bloodline?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, she helped Kira out a bit, but then asked Ryder to take over and to keep a close eye on her when she became too ill, which is why the guy can be a tad bit protective over my dear sister." Jamie paused and stared at his sister across the room for a sister, making me frown slightly. "If it weren't for Aunt Dina, I think Uncle Warren would be somewhere else tonight an not here." I nodded with understanding.

"Are you a witch as well?" I asked, taking a sip of my own beer.

"Uh...I was" he responded, eyes turning back to mine with a strange heaviness to them.

"Was?"

"Yeah, I had my powers bound and focused on combat fighting during my racing career. I didn't want to use something of Dad's without him and I guess it was my way of grieving" he said with a shrug. I nodded and looked at the dance floor where Kira and Will were. Except they weren't there. I frowned and looked around to see Will sitting alone at the table with his head in his hands.

"I'll catch up with you in a minute, I gotta go talk to Will" I told him and stood up quickly. Jamie nodded and diverted his attention to his girlfriend who was walking towards him. I strided over to Will's table and sat beside him.

"Where's Kira?" I asked. He took his head out of his hands and clenched his jaw. I furrowed my brows in confusion, why was he angry at me?

"I don't know" He snapped. I didn't like that tone.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I snapped back, feeling an anger rise in me.

"We were talking and she said she needed time alone" He let out a heavy sigh, as if there was a heaviness on his shoulders, and began tapping his foot.

"You didn't think about following her?" I exclaimed. "Or coming to me!"

"She said she needed time alone, so that's what I gave her" He said angrily and narrowed his eyes at me. As if I was the problem.

"You gotta be kidding me" I muttered and looked around the large room trying to find her beautiful dress. Where could she have gone?

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know!" He exclaimed throwing is hands in the air and turning to the table to find himself some alcohol.

"Hey look it's Paul! Hey Paul!" I looked over to see Janice and a few of her friends walking up to us. I groaned, I really did not need this at the moment. I stood up.

"What do you want?" I snapped. She giggled and staggered over to me. I caught her as she fell into my chest. Clearly she had one too many drinks and I was stuck dealing with her. With irritation, I grasped her upper arms and created a large gap between us.