42. The Phone Call

Chapter 42

Kira's POV

"Kira," he paused and furrowed his brows together. "Are you supernatural?" I froze and hear the sound of a loud clink!

"Could you please get her a new fork?" I heard Trey ask a waiter that picked up the utensil I dropped.

"Why would you think that?" I asked snapping out of my trance. "Of course not." A smirk settled on his lips and he nodded picking up his utensils and began eating his pancake stack.

"Just wondering."

..

"Bye Rhonda!" I yelled waving at her from behind the counter. She walked around it and hugged me.

"I'll hopefully see you soon sweat heart. Young boy you better take care of her" she warned Trey. He nodded and subtly forced his hand in mine. We walked out of the cafe and silently back to the hotel, only making a few comments about the weather. I looked at some of the clothes on the manicans from the windows of the fore-shops as we walked past them.

We walked silently back into the lobby where I looked up to see Trey sending a warning glare to the man behind the counter who looked down at his papers, even when we passed him. The sound of my shoes against the tiled stair case was the only thing filling the silence. He took out the keys for the room and opened the door letting me walk in first. I walked in and straight to the couch where I plonked myself down and took the shoes off.

"Is your passport back at your house?" He asked leaning against the wall beside the TV.

"Uh...yeah" I muttered. I actually didn't bring my passport because Paul and I used Ryder as a form of transport.

"We are going to go pick that up" he said walking into the room.

"Good luck finding it" I called laying across the couch. He walked back out a frown settled across his brows.

"What did you say?"

"Good luck finding my passport" I repeated.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"No reason" I muttered closing my eyes.

"Kira" he warned. I kept my mouth closed and my eyes shut. Maybe if I stay like this he'll leave me alone. Or maybe I'll distract myself thinking its just Paul. I can imagine him standing above me irritated by my stubbornness, but still being a perv and checking me out. His eyes that strong brown colour that remains when he is in his wolf form. "KIRA!" My eyes shot open as I sat up and opened my palm instinctively. Looking around I saw Trey standing by the door watching me skeptically. "What's that?" He asked pointing to my open palm.

"Uh," I paused and put my hands in my lap, "I was getting ready to defend myself if anyone was there".

"Yeah...OK" he nodded and walked into the bedroom. I got up and walked over to the kitchen and looked for a glass. I found one and put it under the tap giving it a rinse beforehand. I put it under water and filled it half way. Turning the tap off I bought the drink to my lips. I had to find a way out of here.

"AAAHHHH!" I quickly turned around and fired a fireball on instinct. "Oh! Shit Kira." I shook my head briefly and saw Trey leaning against the wall clutching his arm. I hesitantly walked closer to him and glanced at his arm. He removed his hand revealing a burn wound. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't good. It was bleeding a little and the blood started dripping on the floor. He rushed over to the sink and checked it out further, while I stood there frozen.

I quickly ran to the door, swinging it open. "Kira!" His deep voice yelled. I ran down the hallway to the stairs. I skipped two at a time and when there were a few steps left I jumped down them onto the platform. I ran into the lobby and the man looked up at me. An idea popped into my head that disgusted me to the core, but at the moment it was my only option. I strided up to the counter and smiled.