35. Home Sweet Home

Chapter 35

The sound of my phones alarm ringing made me snap out of my thoughts. I slide my finger along the tab that read 'Snooze' and the phone quietened. I hesitantly picked up the stick and glanced at the symbol.

Negative. The blue horizontal line told me it was negative. I felt mixed emotions. I was a little disappointed. Although I knew having a baby at my age was the worst idea, but for some reason I was still disappointed. I was more so relieved, than disappointed though. I'm so glad it didn't come up with the pink plus sign telling me I had an infant in me don't know how I could not have handled that. I don't know the first thing about parenting, for one, or babies for another.

"Kira" Paul's voice called from the other side of the bathroom door, a quiet knock following afterwards.

"Come in" I said. I looked over to see an anxious looking Paul staring back at me. "Negative." He let out a huge sigh and ran a hand through his hair leaning on the door frame.

"Thank god" he mumbled. His actions made me think he really did not want a kid running around this place yet. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. He hugged me back, lifting me off the ground and burying his head in the crook of my neck.

"Sorry!" I looked over Paul's shoulder to see Ryder leaving the room. I chuckled and Paul put me back on the ground. He leant down and kissed me passionately.

"You realise if we don't go down there now, he'll raid your pantry" I warned Paul. He instantly turned around and took my hand in his, walking out into the hall.

"I love these crackers" Ryder smirked eating away at my Sakarta crackers.

"Aww, my crackers" I very quietly muttered and pouted my lip. It then turned into a smile when I saw Ryder smile at me. Paul snatched the packet away from Ryder and put it back in the pantry.

"Don't touch Kira's crackers" he said glaring at Ryder. I smiled and pecked Paul's lips before going to the pantry and pulling out a pack of Sesame Snaps. I opened it and pulled out a piece and bit it in half, leaning against the pantry door.

"So back to Australia, eh?" Ryder smiled leaning on the other side of the kitchen island that Paul was leaning against. I swallowed the bite I had in my mouth and smiled at Ryder.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind taking us" I wondered eating the rest of that piece.

"Not at all. I'll get to say 'hi' to my good mate Ms West" he winked. I heard a low growl come from Paul. Swallowing the bite I had in my mouth I walked over to Paul and rubbed his arm instantly feeling his body soften. I kissed his cheek and pulled out another piece biting it in half again.

"I think she missed you" I chuckled.

"I'll be back, I need to use the toilet" Ryder said walking off. I swallowed the bite in my mouth and turned to Paul.

"He gets on my nerves" he complained turning to face me. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"Get over it" I scolded and put my Sesame Snap packet down on the counter.

"Make me" he challenged leaning forward. I pulled back and smirked.

"You aren't getting a kiss, I hope you know that." I walked around to the other side of the island and smirked at him.

"Don't do that to me" he groaned and walked around to meet me, but I moved to the other side. He ran around and picked me up by the waist, I felt a vague pain but a majority of it was gone. I laughed as he spun me around. He put me down and hoisted me up on the island counter. He smirked and moved closer. I kept my legs together and smirked at him. He leant up to kiss me and this time I let him. During the kiss he parted my legs so he could stand in between. I gripped the front of his shirt whilst he slid his hand under my shirt and caressed the small of my back.