46. Rumours

Chapter 46

"Can we please leave?" I asked. He looked some what relieved and nodded. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. He brought my knuckles up to his lips and kissed them softly. We walked up to the car and I thanked Jared and Embry, before Paul ushered me in. I slid in and watched as Alpha Rick phased into his wolf and run off, along with another wolf. Paul got into the car and looked into the rear view mirror for a moment before turning the car around and driving off.

The first twenty minutes was silent. I didn't know what so say, even though there was heaps that need to be discussed. Paul had one hand on the wheel and the other resting against the window. His knuckles had turned white ten times, I counted. He kept his eyes forward and I only felt his eyes on me when I was looking out the window.

"Do you miss him?" Paul blurted out. I turned to him and thought about it.

"No. The mark misses him, I don't" I responded. Paul nodded and looked at me briefly before back at the road.

"I know he kissed you, did you kiss him back?"

"Not willingly, but- never mind" I shook my head and looked out the window. The last thing I wanted was to make him angrier.

"Kira, please tell me" he pleaded.

"He'd make me kiss him back by squeezing my waist or griping me tighter. The mark wouldn't react to it though because it was him and it was all based on...pleasure. For him, anyway" I muttered and looked out the window again.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked angrily.

"No" I lied and looked forward out of the windshield.

"Kira, don't lie to me!" he ordered. I gulped. "Show me". I shook my head.

"No Paul". I didn't want him to see. This morning when I showered after breakfast I saw them and they looked horrible. I'm sure they got worse over the course of the day.

"How bad are they then if you won't show me?" He asked.

"It's not that," I lied and tried to find an excuse. "I just know it's going to hurt you". He growled and looked at me.

"Show me". I sighed and nodded.

"Please don't flip out" I asked and reluctantly pulled his shirt up revealing the hand bruise from Trey. The car halted abruptly. I jerked forward and put my hand against the dashboard to make sure I didn't slam into it. I dropped the shirt and looked forward. He growled and stepped on the accelerator again.

The rest of the trip home was silent. We still needed to talk and discuss things, but I guess we were going to do that home. Paul continued to clench his jaw, screw his eyes shut briefly and clench his hand against the steering wheel so tight I am surprised it hadn't come off yet. When we got home we both walked silently into our room. I sat on the bed whilst he leaned against the wall opposite me.

It reminded of the time when Paul had kept the new born army training days from me and I got so angry with him I ran off. Pretty coward move I know, but I couldn't face him. So I ended up being found by Jacob and he took me back to his place.

The next day so much happened between me collapsing and the guys fighting. When Paul asked to talk to me we came back here and sat in these positions. It was weird that that was only a few weeks ago, it felt like ages. This time I was kidnapped, marked and bruised by Trey, a wolf of the Makah Pack, and one without a mate to call his own.

"You know, that marks make you smell like him" Paul grumbled with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Bite over it" I suggested. He furrowed his brows and looked down at his feet.