29. You Too?

Chapter 29

Paul's POV

"I thought I told you two not to work her up" Ryder scolded,  glancing between Jacob and I. This made me roll my eyes.

"Nothing would have happened if pup here would leave my imprint alone" I growled, throwing a glaring at Jacob. He was always getting into everyones business or better yet spreading some love parasite that Bella passed onto him. It disgusts me sometimes. 

"You and you. Outside now! I don't want Kira waking up" Ryder ordered pointing to Jacob first then me. I growled and crossed my arms over my chest. Who did this guy think he was ordering people around? He was not superior to me in any shape or form, therefore I found no reason to comply with his demands. Ryder didn't appear to seem impressed though. He gestured to the door with his head and led Jacob. I looked in the direction of the room and contemplating going to look after Kira. But I knew she didn't want to see me right about now and with a groan trudged outside.

"Now, what is the problem between you two?" Ryder asked, chin held high and arms crossed over his chest.

"He keeps trying to make a move on my imprint" I muttered, glaring at Jacob. He glared right back clenching his jaw. This felt like a therapy session.

"He doesn't deserve her" Jacob exclaimed.

"You don't get to decide that" I spat putting my foot forward, with intentions to pounce him.

"It wasn't a decision Paul, it was a fact" Jacob retorted. Something inside me snapped making me lose it and phase then and there. I lunged at him with a growl throwing him back with my head. He flew back and phased in mid air, tossing his body and landing on all fours with a snarl. He ran up to me raising on his hind legs in fury. I intercepted his move and raised on my hind legs as well, claws aimed for his throat. He ended up falling back making us tumble as I fell forward. I bit into his shoulder, the iron taste of his blood barely being acknowledged while I went in for my next attack. 

"Stop it!" Ryder yelled. We ignored Ryder and continued to fight when suddenly, a loud crash of thunder caught our attention. We looked up at the sky in confusion, it was overcast but no dark clouds. "I said break it up!" Ryder pushed me off Jacob and I staggered back due to the amount of force he used. 

He has no idea what he is doing, Jacob scoffed with a growl.

"Am I?" Ryder asked. We both turned our head to him in confusion.

Can he hear our thoughts as well? Jacob asked, heading turning to mine.

"Yes, I can. Special spell Kira's dad taught us, really hard to master, but easier when the master is teaching it to you directly. Now, phase back so I can talk to you properly" Ryder demanded with annoyance. Oh, he was annoyed, was he? I found it annoying that he knew more about Kira that I did and he had been more in her life than I had been. Just knowing her dad taught him something was enough to make me jealous. I'm not able to meet him now and her mum hates me, which puts me in a position to envy the time he had with Kira earlier on in her life.

Crap, we phased in our clothes, I realised.

"You stupid mutts," he huffed. "Here, I hope they are the right size." He handed us a pair of cut off shorts each. We took them between our teeth and ran to the forest line to change into them. Once Jacob and I changed we walked back out to where Ryder stood, both keeping our distance from one another.

"How the hell did you do that thunder thing?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and waving my finger around as a gesture.

"I am a conjurer. So when I say I am in control over the situation, I'm not really joking. I can make you worst fears appear before your eyes" he smirked. I looked at Jacob then back at Ryder with a brow raised.