38. He Needs To Phase

Chapter 38

I mischievously brushed my lips against his and pulled back with a smirk, satisfied with his reaction. "Kira, don't tease me" he hissed, tilting his chin upwards. I pulled my head away from his teasingly and slid my hands up his shirt feeling his hard muscles against my fingertips. He put his hands on my hips to grind me against his hips. "Kira." His hands lifted to my upper back and pulled me against his chest. I chuckled and beside us a throat cleared with the intentions of grasping our attention. I turned my head to see see Dustin standing bedside Paul and I awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey, Dustin" I smiled, standing up from Paul.

"Can we talk?" Dustin asked.

"She's busy" Paul replied curtly, reaching for my fingers. I looked at Paul disapprovingly and back up at Dustin, who glared at Paul.

"Sure" I answered, noticing Dustin's tense shoulders and fidgety fingers. Paul let out a not very discreet sigh and got up also, leaning against the tree.

"We'll finish this off later," Paul mumbled with a sly smile. I bit my lip and returned the smile. "Don't do that." I simply winked and placed my hand on Dustin's bicep platonically ushering him on.

"C'mon Dustin," I turned around and walked beside him. "Sorry about Paul, I hope you don't think anything bad about him. He's a good guy." Dustin shrugged as I removed my hand from his back.

"It's okay, really," he assured. We walked up to a park bench and sat down. "I actually wanted to speak to you about his morning when I ki-"

"Let's walk" I suggested abruptly, standing up from the bench and glanced over at Paul who was still leaning against the tree watching us--well me. I am pretty certain he can still hear us with his enhanced hearing and this isn't the right way for him to find out. If Dustin and I were going to talk about this morning when he kissed me, then we need to get out of Paul's hearing range.

"Uh...yeah sure" Dustin agreed and we began walking to the other side of the park.

"So, what about this morning?" I asked.

"I'm confused. When I kissed you and you kissed back...did-do you still feel something for me?" He asked, "Because it felt like old times and I can't let you come back and do that to me because last time hurt...a lot." I stopped walking and turned to him. Guilt washed over me as well as regret at how stupid my actions were this morning. How could I be so stupid?

"Dustin, I love you," I told him honestly, "but not in that way anymore. I only see you as a friend, nothing more and this morning when I kissed you back, I was an idiot and a very horrible person to do that to you. I am so sorry. I got caught up in old memories and that's a shït excuse but it's what happened. I'm really sorry, Dustin." He frowned and looked down at his shoes.

"Well, I'm not sorry I kissed you" he said looking up at me with his big grey eyes, full of hope and love to give to the right girl, and that girl wasn't me. 

"Dustin, I'm with Paul and I feel very strong for him. I'm really sorry and what I did this morning was stupid...but I'm in love with Paul and I don't think it's possible for me to fall out of love with him" I admitted, looking up at him regretfully. He let out a sigh and slightly bitter chuckle.

"Yeah, I know, I can see it," He let out a sigh, "But I don't like him." He confessed with a sneer. I shook my head and half smiled.

"I wish I could say tough luck, I don't care, but I do. What don't you like about Paul?" I asked, eyes narrowed with curiosity. He looked at me with a raised brow and shook his head walking back towards the park. I caught back up to him quickly.