31. The Aftermath

Chapter 31

I chucked the clothes into the washing machine and let out a huff as I went back into the room to collect the clothes form the floor. I put them in the laundry basket and looked around for the detergent to start the load for bed sheets. I sighed. How didn't he have any detergent? With a roll of my eyes, I inhaled deeply and turned on my heel. I walked back into the room and changed the bed sheets. Internally, I was cursing Paul for leaving me this mess and numerous punishments flooded my mind. 

After throwing the last pillow in place I found Embry's contact in my phone and pressed the call button. After three rings he picked up.

"Hey Embry, it's Kira."

"Hey Kira, what's up?"

"Could you give me a ride into town?" I asked and sat on the now made bed.

"Sure. Where are you?"

"Paul's place." I heard him chuckle on the other end. "Embry Call, are you laughing at me?"

"What? Of course, not. I'll be there in five."

"Sure, sure. Thanks" I said and hung up.

I walked over to the drawers and spotted some of my shorts and undergarments I must have left behind previously. By the time I slipped on my clothes and cleaned myself up a bit, Embry was beeping in the driveway. I left the house and slid into the truck.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey, so where are we going first?" He asked reversing out of the wide driveway.

"Uh...Emily's place. Then the local Walmart" I requested with a sigh.

"No problems and you should put your seat belt on or else Paul will have my head" he chuckled.

"I'll be fine" I shrugged. "Plus, I reckon you could take him." He nodded, a smirk settling on his lips.

"Paul's got patrol, right?" He asked looking over at me. He had one hand on the wheel and the other hand resting on the window pane lazily. Today was actually a nice day in mopey La Push and there was little clouds in the sky.

"Yeah, he does."

"So, I see you and Paul made up...and made out" Embry smirked looking ahead. I grinned.

"Aw, baby, don't be jealous. You'll lose your virginity...eventually" I retort and ruffle his hair. He sends me a playful glare.

We stopped in front of Emily's house and went inside to find Emily cleaning. We greeted one another and Embry made small talk with Emily whilst I collected a bag of clothes and then changed into black leggings and a blue plaid shirt. I also got the box that was under my bed with some my magic equipment in it.

It wasn't long before Embry was driving to the nearest Walmart and we were stupidly singing to popular pop songs on the radio. There were a few people around, but it wasn't too busy, and we went directly to the laundry section. I decided to get a few ingredients so I can cook something for Paul tonight. We heard a few whispers about Embry and I, but we laughed them off by teaching one another. Now, from what I heard I was either two timing Paul and cheating on him or I had dumped him for Embry. Both wrong, but hey, it's a small town and these people obviously don't have great lives. We went to check out and I paid for the items.

"He should be finished his shift soon" Embry said, pulling up into Paul's driveway and bringing the car to a halt. I nodded.

"Thank you, Embry, for the ride" I smiled, leaning over to hug him.