The White Room

"I'm going to get food."

I don't remember anything after seeing the pathetic version of the maze. When I awoke I rubbed the back of my head subconsciously. I looked around.

The room was white and smelled like cleaning chemicals. A small, empty desk to my right and a door to my left. I stood up and reached for the handle but the door was locked. From the outside. The room was large but empty except for the desk and bed so I went back to the bed and sat on the edge.

Right as I sat down I flung back up. Where am I? The fear set in so quickly and so... full? Every inch of me was scared. My fists banged against the grey, rusted door. The only thing that wasn't sparkling white. 

"HELP!" I cried. "NEWT! MINHO! ANYONE!" I screamed my head off, my fists turned red, my throat dry. "Please." 

Then the door clicked. Where? I have no idea but a small click came from it. Either I just broke down the damn door or someone was coming to help. The door slowly opened and I backed up quickly, my back firmly pressed against the back wall. I looked down and saw that I was wearing new leggings but Newts blue flannel was still wrapped around me. It calmed me down a bit.

"Hello," A woman dressed in white stepped in. Where have I seen her... 

"Dr. Paige?" It was more of a statement than a question but none the less she laughed.

She nodded her head before closing the door behind her. "Didn't mean to scare you but I heard you were up." My cheeks flushed red at my outburst.

"Where am I?"

Paige smiled softly as she walked forward. "You're safe and that's all that matters."

"Where are my friends? Can you lead me to them? Are they safe? What about Newt? He's ok, right? I'm hungry."

She chuckled a little bit as she stepped forward. "All your questions will be answered in good time but yes, your friends are safe and well." That calmed me a little but words were just words without meaning. I wanted to see them in person. "About the food, I can get someone to bring you some food."

"Why can't you do it?" I asked. If she was lying to me I was going to find out. 

"Because, dear, I'm not really here." I cocked my head to the side. "I'm a hologram. I open and close stuff with a remote." She pulled out a small electronic.

I furrowed my eyebrows. The word hologram reminding me. "Aren't you supposed to be dead? I watched you... yeah."

"It was a lie. A small set up to give you courage." It still didn't make sense. Why stage your death? Having a main character moment are we Dr. Paige? "Look, I want to talk to you." 

"I thought we were doing that already."

"You do take after your father." She laughed.

My heart stopped. I relaxed my fists I didn't realize I was still clinching. "You- you knew my father?" I asked hopefully. I'm not sure I wanted to know the answer. 

Her face dropped but only to be replaced by a soft look. "Yes," She looked to her feet and smiled. "He's not here anymore, darling."

"How do you know this?" I looked as she raises her left hand. I walked forward to see what she was showing me. A ring. On her ring finger... 

I snorted out a laugh as I doubled over. "You-" I wheezed trying to catch my breath. "WAIT." Then I stopped laughing. "No." The smile faded from my face. There was no way in hell that woman was my mother. "Nope," I said walking past her. "I'm going to get food." 

"Stop." She said. I stopped in my tracks but I didn't turn around. She started to speak again but an alarm filled my room. I spun on my heels to see that Ava's hologram was gone. Flashes of red disrupted the white place as I flung my door open right as heavy footfalls filled the hallway. Shouts of commands echoed through the place as I pressed myself against a wall. I've got to find them.

(Ava can either be your adoptive mom or biological it's up to you!)