Find Me

"You and Newt became 'the bestest of friends'"

The woman stepped up. She had dark brown hair that complimented her skin and eyes. Relief flushed through me once again, this time I hope she can actually help not pull guns on people. 

"Hello, Thomas. Oh, and Y/N!" She said gleefully. I looked at Thomas in confusion, the same look written on his face.  

"What?" Thomas said. Lia looked at me with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "You know us?" He asked, gesturing to the two of us. 

She nodded her head and instead of getting angry, she said, "Interesting. It makes sense they'd put you in the maze, Thomas. Y/N... not so much." My heart picked up its speed as she walked over to Brenda, feeling her pulse. "Though I must admit, I was worried they'd kill you after what you did, Thomas." She clarified who she was talking to after every sentence as if we were complete opposites. 

"Wh- what I did?"

"The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore. Watching your friends die, one by one. The last time we spoke, you gave me the coordinates of every WICKED compound, trial, and lab." I looked at Newt, questions about me still unanswered. "We couldn't have pulled all this off without him. Take her to the tent. Get these guys some warm clothes." Then she told Thomas and I to follow her to the medical tent. 

------

I held the cool cup of water in my hands like I'd never have a sip of water ever again. Considering our circumstances, that could be a big possibility. 

"You really don't remember me?" Mary asked as she handed Thomas his cup, looking back at me. I shook my head as I took a savoring sip of the liquid. It rushed down my throat, cooling me down at least a bazillion degrees. "Hmm. I wonder why they put you in there." 

"Why?" I asked cocking my head to the side. 

"Well," She said, gathering materials for Brenda. "You were Ava's kid. I mean... you were never out of her sight much less her grasp. She kept you at the compound in this white room. But you'd get restless, go sneaking around with your friends. Thomas here, Minho, Newt. You get the gist." She said, now kneeling over Thomas, counting down quietly before sticking in the needle and drawing blood. "Then a few years later you and Newt became 'the bestest of friends' as you two said." My face heated up at the name. "But... along with the rest of your friends, they were called in. You stood in the hallway," She started choking on her words. "It was the saddest scene I've ever witnessed. You stood there saying your goodbyes. Ava had said they were going to be back in a week. Just going for a vacation, you know? The boys knew otherwise. They knew they weren't coming back. You walked up to Newt, went to hug him but he pushed you away and said 'it's all your fault. You never actually cared, you liar.' It was awful. After that, I left. Don't know why they would've sent you down there."

My eyes stung but I refused to cry as I imagined Newt saying those words to me. Then I felt a presence come into the tent. I turned around to see Newt and Minho standing there with goofy smiles that automatically cheered me up. I set the cup of water down on the table before saying goodbye. Then I left with the boys. 

"Come on," Newt said. His gloved hand slipped into my bare one. "Fry's up top waiting." I looked upon a hill and saw Fry waving down at us. I waved back with my free hand, smiling. 

Smiling

Minho nudged Newt a little. "I'm gonna go get Lia. I'll meet you two shanks up there." We nodded and watched him run off to a girl sitting by herself.