Speechless

"You sneaky shanks."

"Shhh," I shooshed Newt as we walked through the woods. He was laughing the entire way here and I was terrified he was going to wake someone up. "Get in here." I opened the plants so we could walk through. 

The second I stepped in he grabbed me and started dancing around. 

"Newt what did Frypan put in your stew." I laughed as he spun me around. He pulled me back into his chest and continued to waltz with me. 

"I don't know, love. But I love it." I laughed but it ceased when I heard leaves rustling. Newt stopped as well letting his hand fall off my waist. "It's probably just a beetle blade," Newt whispered. I held my breath hoping he was right. I wasn't.

Minho walked through the bushes. 

"You sneaky shanks." He doubled over in laughter. "I KNEW ITTTTTT!" He yelled. Newt walked over to him and shooshed him. "Sorry sorry." She apologized. "i knew itttt." He said quietly this time. 

"Whatever your thinking-" Newt started but Minho cut him off. 

"Yeah, we're past the time of covering it up Newty boy," Minho said patting him on the back. "So, how longs it been going on?"

I pressed my lips in a line, sucking on my teeth before answering. "What, three, four months now."

Minho's mouth dropped open. "You've been hiding this for that long?" Newt and I nodded our heads. "Well then."

"You're gonna tell everyone aren't you."

"Oh," Minho said. "Yeah." He said with a laugh. 

I looked at Newt who had a mixture of relief of getting it off his chest and worry for what happens now. Minho sat on his little patch of grass still laughing. Newt and I stared at him waiting for it to get out of his system. 

Then he stopped. Looked between the two of us. And burst into a run. 

"Shit," I mumbled under my breath as Newt and I chased after him. He was faster though. Running every day, all day will do that to you. "You going to at least wait until they wake up??" I yelled in front of us. 

"Nope." He yelled behind himself. Then we reached the clearing where the Glade started. He walked a little bit until he started yelling. 

"BOYS YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT." Newt and I stayed in the back, accepting defeat. We could hear some people mumble meaning some people were up. "NEWT AND Y/N ARE DATING." That woke everyone up. Even though it was pitch black outside people came running out. 

"They're what???" They exclaimed running up to Minho. "I don't believe you." They didn't see us since we hadn't left the tree line. 

Minho pointed to us. Well. "Look." 

People came running up to us. Shit. There goes the peace. Everyone kept asking questions. By now the entire glade was up with two hours at least till sunrise. Questions bombarded us almost impossible to hear one at a time. I figured what the biggest question was. Is it true?

I decided to clear up the air once and for all. I grabbed the top of Newt's cream white sweatshirt and pulled him down to me, our lip colliding in a kiss. I let go of his shirt and pushed through the crowd leaving him standing there speechless. 

I smiled as I walked away from away. It wasn't only Newt that was speechless. It was the entire Glade.