Starting Over

"IT'S THE NEW GREENIE!"

After dinner, Alby told me that we wouldn't have the celebration we normally have because of 'unexpected complications.' He said they would hold one tomorrow though. It was apart of some tradition they did every time a new greenie came up in the box. 

Gally was really fun to be around. We joked the entire night and he gave me the list of people I should be friends with. His list was Winston, Alby, Frypan, Clint, and Minho except Minho was going through something right now. 

Talking with him at dinner really eased my mind. I could ask him about the glade and he would give me actual answers not 'you'll find out'. 

"Why haven't you guys found a way out? I mean you've been here for a year so far." I asked him.

He slurped his soup before responding. "We've looked. Haven't found one." He said taking another bite of the soup. It smelt so damn good. "Yet."

I shrugged and continued to eat as well. The soup was more of a stew than anything. Big chunks of beef and cut carrots and other vegetables. It reminded me of before... well before whatever this is. Something my mom would make on a winter's day. When snow pilled on our roof and ice hung off of tree limbs. But I couldn't remember that ever happening. Once again that wall. 

After everyone had finished their dinner we walked back to what they called the homestead. I had already befriended Gally so he agreed to let me stay with him and his friends. They had an empty hammock I could use. 

"Here we are," Gally said as we came into the little covering. It was held up with a couple of poles. Sheets were used for the ceiling and there were no walls. It was completely open. There was another section of the interior room but a lot chose to stay outside. Some people were already in their hommocks either sharpening knives or talking with their friends. 

Gally moved to another section where five hammocks hung in a circle. He walked over to one and sat in it making it sway a little at the shift in weight. "That one's yours." He pointed to the one across from his. The rope of the hammock was covered by blankets that looked comfortable if I'm being honest.

Not too long after, a group of three guys walked into the little circle filling up the extra beds. They kept talking, not bothering to greet Gally. Once they finished their conversation they turned to Gally.

"Hey, you shank." A boy I hadn't met yet said. "IT'S THE NEW GREENIE!" He then turned to me and yelled. Just. Yelled.

"Slim it, Clint." I had recognized that name but I couldn't put my finger on it. The other two I recognized. One was Minho who took the hammock next to mine and the other was Fry. He was one of the first people I met next to Alby. 

The boy then turned to me. His shaggy hair almost covering his eyes. "I'm Clint."

"Y/N," I responded. A smile curled his lips before he leaned back, placing his arms behind his head and staring through one of the cracks in the 'ceiling' if you could even call it that. 

"Well," Minho shifted in his bed, throwing blankets over him. "I'm getting some sleep. My shuck ass ran all day."

"Oh, goodnight sleepy head." Frypan cooed mockingly making me laugh. Maybe having to start with new memories wouldn't be so bad.

Sooo I don't know how long I want to make this book. So I'm going to leave it up to you guys. I could either stop it after the first book/movie (I'm doing a mix but I highly recommend all five of the books) or I could do it until the end of the Death Cure. Because we love a little trauma. Then I could make a prequel with what Y/N does before the maze around the Fever Code timeline. I have it planned out for every one of the options sooo yeah :) 

Plus if you're interested I could make a playlist because I may or may not have one already