Gally??

"Yeah, we're all bloody inspired."

As we ran down the hall, more energy came. Confidence built and that's all I needed to make it until this moment. 

I don't know how long we'd been running for or how far we had run. All I knew was that we were still in the med wing. The two of us heard yelling from further down the hallway. 

"Come on," Minho said, picking up the pace. I could keep up surprisingly well. I couldn't tell if it was the flare or not but I didn't mind this newfound strength. 

"You two, get down on the ground, now!" The voice had said. It was a WCKD guard. We could tell by the black mask covering his face and the long gun that he had in his arms. I lifted up the gun I had stolen, aimed, and pulled the trigger. Instead of missing as I did at the camp, I hit him right in the heart. He started convulsing as the light scattered around him like spider-webs. 

Then, Minho started yelling as he sprinted at him and body-slammed the guard in the wall before grabbing his uniform and tossing him into the glass window, shattering it as he fell through. After that, I let the gun slip from my hands as I stood there, staring at them. 

Thomas and Newt. The four of us ran together, holding each other in a big group hug. I dug my chin into Newt's shoulder, taking in his scent as he rubbed my back. 

"Is this real?" Minho heaved as we all pulled apart. Newt's brown eyes were full of relief as he brought a hand up to my cheek. I smiled. But right as Newt leaned in, guards filled the hall once more, yelling at us. Their guns loaded and pointed at us. Thomas and Newt hurried us through the halls. We turned a few times before we reached an open door. Thomas hurried us in, the heavy footfalls of the men behind us. After all four of us were in, he bolted the door shut. 

A surge of relief flooded through me all at once. I knew I shouldn't be celebrating already but this seemed like a small victory, right?

Bodies slammed onto the door, pounding on it. Who knew who was on the other side. Minho and Newt pulled a shelf over and tilted it until it blocked the bolted door just for safe measures. 

The three of us backed up into the room. Then panic returned. We had just trapped ourselves in this room. We'd just screwed ourselves over. Stupid. 

"Shit," Minho heaved as he came to the realization too. 

Something hit the door and powered on. A drill. It started to cut through the door sending orange sparks at us. 

"Any ideas??" Minho yelled desperately. I turned around and stood next to Thomas. He'd peered out over the glass and stared at the pool of water below us. 

"Maybe," Thomas and I said at the same time. Thomas and I gave each other a knowing look. "Minho and Thomas grab one of those containers and throw it through the glass," I ordered. They nodded and went to go and grab it. I took the moment and walked over to Newt, throwing my arms around him. 

He pulled me closer. "Are you alright, did they hurt you?" He asked desperately. 

"No, well- kind of, I guess," I said. His eyes flashed with something I hadn't seen before. Anger. "They gave me my memories back." I didn't tell him about the flare. I couldn't. 

Before I could elaborate, Thomas yelled, "Guys!" The two of us joined him and Minho and started out over the shards of broken glass. "Okay, it's doable," Thomas said. He sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than us. "Just need a little running start." He said. Newt and I shared a look like, 'welp we're all going to die'. 

The four of us backed up and I started to be able to feel my heart in my throat. "You sure about this?" I asked as we reached a decent running point. 

"Not really," Thomas admitted.

"Nice pep talk," Minho added snarkily.

"Yeah, we're all bloody inspired," Newt added. I laughed a bit before taking a deep breath. Everything else flashed by in an instant it felt like. 

The guards and rat-face broke through the door, finally, and we all scrambled towards the edge. Newt grabbed my right as we ran off the edge of the building, the ground leaving our feet, and we were falling.

Falling.

Falling.

I landed feet first, thankfully, in the pool of water. It caved around me, threatening to pull me deeper into the water. My legs kicked up, pushing me out of the water's hold as I gasped for breath. The boys came up seconds after. My hair was soaked, matting around my face in chunks.

When we reached the edge, Newt pulled me out of the water. But right as we all stood up, right as we were all about to celebrate, four guards pulled up, cocking their guns. 

"You four, don't move!" They shouted.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Thomas heaved in disappointment. For a second I let the thought we would all die cloud me but then something happened. One of the guards moved their aim from us to their colleagues. And he shot them one by one. 

We all stood with our jaws to the ground in shock. But then the shock turned into disbelief. The guards ran at us and slid off the mask. 

"Gally?" Minho and I said at the same time. 

"Minho, Y/N." He said as if this were normal. As if people could just rise from the dead. "You guys are nuts." 

"I'll explain later," Thomas said, patting me on the back.