twenty

The car ride was silent and nothing but the noises outside was heard.

As for Chaerin, her pounding heartbeat consumed her hearing. She didn't know how would they react, would it be bad? Would it be good?

The adrenaline was replaced with anxiety as she firmly gripped the steering wheel.

The car slowly stopped in front of the house but Chaerin was glued to her seat, not making a move to exit to vehicle.

"You guys go in first," Mark broke the silence. The members in the back were going to protest, but one warning glare from Mark in the rearview mirror and they quickly went out of the car.

"Okay so I got to go-" Chaerin panicked and made a move to leave.

A hand gripped her wrist and she froze.

"Why are you panicking?" Mark asked.

Chaerin slowly faced Mark her hands shaking.

"Hey, hey, you aren't in trouble," He said comfortingly as he took her hands in his.

"I don't know, are they going to kick me out? Is Taeyong mad at me? Ten's for sure going to kill me,"

"Okay calm down, one question at a time," Mark chuckled, which caused Chaerin to glare at him.

"You saved us, that's what," He started, "And you might receive a slight scolding from Taeyong but he won't kick you out," He smiled.

Chaerin groaned, slumping back on her seat, wanting the world to swallow her whole. She didn't even plan on any of this, she didn't even know what got into her as she confidently volunteered.

"Come on," Mark tugged on her hands.

"Do I have to?"

"I'll carry you out if you don't,"

"Fine,"

They started to slowly walk to the front door.

"I didn't know you could drive like that," Mark looked to Chaerin. "The only people that drive like that are.."

"Street racers?"

"Yeah," Mark nodded.

Chaerin let out an awkward chuckle, "Yeah about that,"

Chaerin looked up to Mark, his eyes were filled with astonishment. She quickly looked away, her cheeks and ears growing redder.

"I always thought it was cool, although I'm not much of a driver," Mark chuckled.

Chaerin let out a small laugh and felt her anxiety slowly fade away.

They then finally reached the front door and Chaerin hesitated.

"You'll be fine," Mark reminded her. She glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender.

I'm the one whose life is on the line.

"You were so confident when you were driving, where is that confidence now?" Mark rolled his eyes, "You can't stay outside forever,"

"Fine," Chaerin scowled.

The door slowly opened, making Chaerin cringe internally.

Way to build more tension.

The whole group was present in the foyer.

"God, hide me," she whispered next to Mark.

Mark chuckled and Chaerin hit him in the arm.

Mark jumped with a small 'ouch'.

"Chaerin!"

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010