thirty nine

It was a quiet afternoon in the house, with people busy with their work and tasks. The sun wasn't present for it was hiding behind some clouds today.

"Chaerin can you hand this over to Taeyong?" Ten asked from his desk.

Chaerin approached him and nodded, she then took the documents from his hand and began walking to Taeyong's office.

She knocked three times before waiting for an answer, after hearing one she opened the heavy wooden doors and went straight to his desk.

"Chaerin, what can I help you with?" Taeyong asked, looking up from the papers scattered across his desk.

"Ten asked me to hand this over to you," she replied handing him over the folder, he quickly scanned through it and nodded.

"Oh since your here can you help me with organizing some files? If you're not busy that is,"

"Of course, I'm free for the afternoon," she quickly replied.

Chaerin then started to organize and reorder files based on Taeyong's orders, after a small while, a comfortable silence fell upon them, only the sound of papers was heard.

"Taeyong, can I ask a question?" Chaerin said breaking the silence.

"Yeah what is it?" He answered, not looking up from the paper in his hand.

"Well I would like to thank you first actually, for taking me in and welcoming me, I don't think I have ever thanked you for that," she took a pause and smiled at him, "But that's not the question I wanted to ask," She put down the documents she was holding and shifted all her attention to Taeyong, "Why were you so welcoming to me?"

Taeyong responded with a soft smile and placed down the paper in his hand.

"Every person in this house has a reason why they're here, they might have a problem they're running away from or a past that led them here, either way, we all have our reasons. Everyone here before had nothing," He paused before continuing, "Throughout the years I have learned to judge someone's character, and maybe you slightly reminded me of me, or anyone in this house actually," he chuckled, "Alone, a little angry, a little sad, maybe wanting vengeance, perhaps an outcast, and in need of someone to lean on, or a family perhaps,"

"Thank you," she smiled in reply.

"No problem,"

• • •

"We'll have two rendezvous points, Kun and Jaemin on the 23rd and Chaerin and Mark on the 46th. We quickly go in plant the bugs and slip out, the key point is to go unnoticed. Any questions?" Ten finished, looking around the table.

Everybody shook their heads no and Ten ushered them out of the room, after making sure each of them has an earpiece.

Chenle, Renjun, Jeno, Winwin, Hendery, and Ten were left in the room. The dreamies are there just to watch or observe.

"So did you pair up Mark and Chaerin together or did they specifically request it?" Chenle asked.

Ten snorted, "I paired them up because if I didn't Mark would ask me to pair them up anyways, saves me the hassle,"

"Told you," Renjun said to Chenle.

"You have to admit they do look good together," Jeno chuckled, looking at the screens.

"Couple goals is it?" Hendery said to the room.

"Definitely," Chenle responded.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010