twenty eight

"I may or may not regret staying up late last night," Chaerin groaned resting her head on the cold countertop.

Jaemin handed her a cup of coffee and she slowly sipped it, trying her best to stay awake.

"It's your school fair today right?" Jungwoo asked from behind the counter.

"Yeah, unfortunately," Chaerin replied.

"Outsiders are welcome right?" Hendery asked entering the room.

"Yeah just bring an I.D,"

"You guys want to go? We all finish class early today," Hendery asked the 99' line.

"I'm game," Lucas answered and the others nodded in agreement.

Mark sat beside Chaerin and watched her trying her hardest not to fall asleep. If he could cancel the school fair so she could sleep some more, he would.

"You have to go or you'll be late," he reminded her.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do vice president,"

"Fine," she frowned slowly getting up.

Before she could leave, Mark took her wrist and handed her a can of iced coffee.

She looked at the can and looked back at Mark.

"See you later," he smiled.

She looked at him for a second or two, before nodding.

Renjun snapped her out of her reverie by telling her it was time to go.

"Coming!" She responded, quickly making her way to the foyer.

• • •

Chaerin sipped on her iced coffee while reviewing the schedule for the day. She glanced at her wristwatch.

8:45 a.m.

"Is the Byeol academy almost done setting up?" Chaerin asked Han.

He nodded, "Yeah, they'll be finished before nine,"

"Okay okay, everything looks good, call me if something's wrong or you guys have questions," She informed Han, "I'm going to roam the grounds,"

"Noted!"

The school fair was officially starting at 9:15 as well as the opening of the gates for outsiders. Some students were very enthusiastic and excited about the start of the school fair while others like Chaerin weren't fully awake until 11:00 am.

Nonetheless, she forced herself to wake up since she had things she had to manage and take care of.

She approached the tents and booths set up with different shades of red that contrasted the colors of her school which was a royal blue.

Chaerin tapped on the shoulder of a student and greeted her with a 'good morning' before asking her where was their student council president.

"Oh, that's him over there," she pointed to a tall student with blonde hair. Chaerin muttered a thank you before approaching the other student.

"Good morning," she greeted with a small smile.

"Oh, good morning," He responded, "What can I help you with?"

Chaerin immediately understood why he was the student council president, he radiated friendliness and didn't feel intimidating at all.

"I'm Chaerin the student council vice president, I'm here to assist you with any questions or concerns you have," she smiled politely.

He didn't respond for a while and just continued to stare at her, which confused Chaerin.

"Are you okay?" Chaerin asked raising an eyebrow at his behavior.

He snapped of out his trance and quickly answered her.

"I'm sorry, " He said wide-eyed, a small blush creeping upon his cheeks, "I'm Akiro, uh sorry,"

"Hi Akiro, are you sure you're good?" Chaerin asked with a polite smile.

"Yeah I'm good, you're just really pretty,"

Chaerin raised an eyebrow at the compliment.

"Sorry if that was out of the blue," He said seeing her reaction.

"It's all good," Chaerin waved it off.

"We only need assistance with the performances later," Akiro informed her changing the topic, to which she nodded in response.

"Somebody will be assisting and guiding the performers 30 minutes before to set up mics and such," Chaerin glanced at her wristwatch once again and looked up at Akiro who was significantly taller than her.

"Oh we should also go now, the opening ceremony will start in a few minutes, you can tell me any other concerns on the way there,"

Akiro nodded with a smile and informed his schoolmates before following Chaerin.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010