forty one

Loud bickering and laughter were heard throughout the first floor when the 00' line arrived back, followed by a tired-looking Doyoung.

Chaerin walked towards the kitchen while the others went to the living room. She placed the bags of food on the countertop and greeted Johnny and Taeyong with a smile on her face.

"We brought back food," she said, her eyes searching for someone in the room, "Where's Mark?"

The question made Johnny tense in his seat and that made Chaerin immediately look at him.

Her face quickly fell, "Is something wrong?" She asked, nervousness creeping in.

"Uh," Johnny didn't know what to answer, no matter what he says, Chaerin would still want to go to see Mark.

"What is it?" Chaerin impatiently asks, not liking how nobody's answering her. She looks in Taeyong's direction, but he was looking at anywhere but her. She then quickly exited the kitchen, ignoring Johnny's calls.

She made a beeline to Mark's room, softly knocking on the door. When nobody answered, she opened it slowly.

"Not now Chaerin," she heard Mark's voice, she was taken aback. He seemed so cold so distant, it made her stunned.

"Mark is something wrong?" She asks, confused why was he acting this way.

"Now's not the time," he said, getting up from his seat and closing the door on her.

She heard him lock the door, and she just stood there still, slowly blinking.

Chaerin shook her head and smiled forcefully, Maybe he's just in a bad mood, maybe I should just give him space, this will pass, right? ....Right?

• • •

Two days pass by. Chaerin tried reaching out to Mark several times, she tried everything.

His eyes were an emotionless abyss, always occupied with his thoughts. She's seen this before when he would handle gang business, but she never thought it would be directed to her one day.

They barely see each other in a day, only passing each other in hallways.

The whole house didn't know what to do, they walked on eggshells around them, the air tense and cold.

What's worse is Chaerin didn't even what's wrong, was it her fault? Did she do something wrong?

She was in the dark. She tried asking Johnny but he only gave her vague answers which made her mood plummet even more.

Chaerin was frustrated and tired.

He at least owes her an explanation.

• • •

Three knocks resonate around the room, Taeyong muttered an answer and the door opened to reveal Mark, distressed and drained.

"You called for me?" Mark said, his voice hoarse.

"Mark this has to stop," Johnny stated.

"Stop what?" Mark answered.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," Johnny answered back, his voice slightly raised.

"Johnny," Taeyong called out, a warning in his voice.
He stood up and approached Mark, "Mark, he's right, you can't keep this up forever," Taeyong started softly.

"You're not only hurting her, but you're also hurting yourself,"

Mark's mask suddenly shattered as he sat down on the couch of Taeyong's office, he let out a tired sigh, clutching his head in his hands.

"I don't know what to do, I'm scared, I don't think- I don't think-" Mark started breathing heavily and quickly.

"Okay calm down," Johnny said patting his back.

"What's holding you back?" Taeyong asked gently.

"I'm afraid, I'm afraid because I don't want a repeat of the past, I feel bad because she deserves someone better, I don't think I could give her everything she wants, she-"

"Mark,"

"What?"

"How do you feel about Chaerin?"

Mark looked at Taeyong a bit confused but answered him regardless.

"Every time I see her, I see the rest of my life,"

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010