thirty eight

They never thought the day would come when they would graduate high school.

The house was chaotic, Renjun, Haechan, Jeno, and Jaemin, were all running around the house, busy getting ready. Some of the older members were helping them with their togas and graduation caps since they kept on falling off. While Chaerin was already at school because she still had to supervise the arrangements of the event.

"We have to leave in 5 minutes or we're going to be late!" Kun shouted from the foyer.

"Yeah! Let me just," Doyoung responded while fixing the hairpins on Renjun's hair, "Okay It's done let's go,"

The older members did one last look at the four before ushering them out the door.

Everyone was present since the members all freed their schedules to attend the graduation today.

After they arrived at the campus, the four bid a see you later to the rest of the members before rushing to their places.

They spotted Chaerin in the distance and quickly approached her.

"Chae!"

Chaerin looked to the owner of the voice and greeted them with a smile.

"Hey, guys,"

"You look good," Jaemin complimented her, giving her a thumbs up.

"Thanks, so do you guys, you clean up well," she responded, she then quickly searched through the papers in the clipboard she was holding, "I have your positions, come with me,"

A few minutes later, it was announced that the ceremony would be starting soon. The guardians and parents then settled into their seats, including the members.

The music then started to play and the principal then made his opening remarks, after, the students' names were called one by one.

"Huang Renjun,"

"Kang Chaerin,"

"Lee Donghyuck,"

"Lee Jeno,"

"Na Jaemin,"

After the last name was called, the student council president and valedictorian went on the stage to congratulate his batch mates and give the closing remarks.

"A pleasant morning to you all," he started.

The five held each other's hands. Usually, the seating arrangement was by alphabetical order but Chaerin said no and adjusted it a little bit.

"This marks the end of our high school years and the start of a new tomorrow, I don't have that much advice I can give you, considering we're the same age," he chuckled and so did the rest of the batch.

"I just want you to follow what you're passionate about. Make friends, fall in love, take chances, and have no regrets, I won't say goodbye, for we'll see each other again. Once again, congratulations,"

They tightened their grips on each other's hands, different emotions swirling in their eyes.

Students cheered, some jumping while some were already bawling their eyes out.

"Congratulations guys," Chaerin muttered loud enough for them to hear, "Meeting you guys and getting close with you is one of the best things that ever happened to me, thank you,"

"Damn it Chaerin you're making me cry!" Renjun exclaimed, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Wait if you're going to cry I might too!" Chaerin yelled.

"You know we're still going to see each other tomorrow right? We live together," Haechan pointed out.

"Yeah, but let's just live in the moment," Jeno said.

"I love you guys," Chaerin smiled.

"I was not ready for that!" Haechan replied, tears forming in his eyes.

Chaerin laughed the tears streaming on her face.

"Okay okay!" Jaemin said, gathering everyone for a group hug.

"We love you too," Renjun said.

After a while, the members then approached them and shouted their names, which made them break up.

The members congratulated them and gave each of them a bouquet of flowers.

Of course, Chaerin looked for one particular member. When she locked eyes with his dark brown ones, she immediately dashed to where he was.

He caught her with a small jump, both of them giggling and smiling.

"Congratulations,"

"Thank you,"

"Here I got you some flowers," Mark said, handing her another bouquet.

Haechan walked past them and coughed, "fAvorItiSm," which Mark replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh wait!" Chaerin told him before leaving and coming back a few seconds later, holding a polaroid camera, "I always forget to use this," she smiled sheepishly. She then called whoever was closest which was Jaemin.

"What pose do you want to do?" Chaerin asked Mark.

"I'll carry you,"

"What?"

"Come on,"

Mark then carried Chaerin on his back and they posed for the picture.

"Cute," Jaemin murmured while taking the picture.

"Wait I want one too! Jeno carry me!" Haechan exclaimed.

"Why me?" Jeno groaned.

A lot more pictures were then taken, one with all of the dreamies and Chaerin, the five graduates, all of NCT, which was a lot, the photographer had a hard time fitting them all in one frame, and some random ones here and there.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010