thirty five

Chaerin was in no condition to drive so Akiro drove them to the nearest convenience store using Chaerin's car.

She then grabbed her phone and immediately called Mark, after three rings he picked up.

"Hello?" A cold voice greeted her.

"Mark?"

"Chaerin? Why aren't you home yet?" Mark asked, his voice immediately melting into a softer tone.

"Something came up," she frowned, "I'm at a convenience store near my school, can you pick me up?" Mark already knew something was wrong just by the tone of her voice.

Shuffling can then be heard in the background of the call.

"Are you okay? Are you with anybody right now?"

"I'm with Akiro,"

After Chaerin said those words, she swore she heard Mark move faster, and he was already rushing out the door.

"Akiro? Why is he with you?"

"It's okay, he's keeping me company," Chaerin responded glancing in Akiro's direction.

"I'm on my way,"

"Chaerin do you want anything?" Akiro asked as he went to the checkout counter.

Chaerin lowered her phone from her ear slightly and responded, "Anything will do,"

Akiro then handed her a drink, and she thanked him in return.

"Thank you for accompanying me here as well, I just felt like somebody was following me," she lied smoothly, not wanting to give out any more information.

"No problem," He replied, giving her a small smile.

Chaerin discreetly observed Akiro, his behavior or actions didn't raise any red flags, but you could never be too sure, so she still kept her guard up.

The small bell of the convenience store rang a few minutes later, followed by a rush of footsteps.

"Chaerin?"

Chaerin whipped her head to the source of the voice, she sighed in relief.

"There you are,"

She then quickly went up to him and he automatically checked her for any injuries.

"I'm okay," she said softly, reassuring him.

Mark's eyes then darted behind her and it swiftly turned in sharp daggers.

"Mark," Chaerin warned him, "He did nothing wrong, if anything he saved me," she said lowly.

Chaerin turned around to Akiro.

"Thanks again for driving me here," she said.

"Anytime," he smiled and waved goodbye.

They then made a move to leave, but not before Mark gave one last warning glare to Akiro.

Akiro's eyes widened in confusion and fear due to the intensity of Mark's glare.

Mark then lead Chaerin to his car and opened the passenger door.

"What about my car?"

"I'll send somebody to get it," He assured her.

Chaerin pouted, not ecstatic by the idea of leaving her car, nevertheless, she had no choice at the moment and entered Mark's car.

Mark then started the car and pulled out of the parking spot.

"Chaerin what happened?" Mark asked, a small frown on his face.