twenty six

"Johnny!"

Johnny turned around and searched the sea of people, thankfully he was tall and easily spotted the dreamies with Yuta and Jaehyun in tow.

"Hey you guys made it before it started," he greeted.

"We're still super bitter that you didn't tell us," Chenle scowled, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Sorry," Johnny smiled sheepishly and patted Chenle's head.

"What are you two doing here?" Johnny asked Jaehyun and Yuta.

"I'm the only one who knows where Gojung-gil is," Yuta shrugged.

"And we don't trust the dreamies to drive except for Mark," Jaehyun said which made the dreamies react.

"Where's Chae then?" Jaemin asked, searching the crowd. Johnny pointed to the middle of the road where the racers were getting ready.

Someone announced that it was starting and they hurried to go to the front.

Chaerin was standing beside her car, talking to one of the guys that were explaining which route they were taking for the race.

"Racers get ready!"

The racers then start entering their cars, Chaerin scanned the crowd and found a certain pair of brown eyes.

She sent him a wink.

Mark scoffed but the growing red tint on his cheeks and ears says otherwise.

Chaerin grinned and waved at the other members before entering her car.

Jeno nudged Mark and sent him a teasing smile. Mark responded by rolling his eyes.

"I have never seen you blush before," Jeno snorted, "Didn't know somebody could melt your icy exterior," Jeno said under his breath.

A person held a flag in the middle and was swinging it back and forth before pulling it down, signaling the start of the race.

Some of the dreamies cheered joining the crowd and some just watched in anticipation.

Big TV screens on the wall suddenly lit up showing what seems to be live footage.

"Huh, I didn't know street racing was this advanced," Jisung said to no one in particular.

"Only in some places, particularly here, Japan and Hong-kong, people get a lot of money in street racing," Yuta informed the rest of the group.

• • •

Chaerin switched her gear and pressed on the gas, getting ready to release her breaks. One last check of her mirrors, before focusing on the road.

As soon as the flag went down, the cars moved at the speed of light. The only evidence of them being there was the smoke and tire marks.

She felt the familiar rush of adrenaline in her veins.

The route they were taking today was a tricky one, one that regular drivers could not accomplish with this kind of speed. It contained different sharp turns, add the multiple drivers trying to cut you off, you might get an accident if you aren't experienced.

But Chaerin had confidence in her skills like no other.

One mistake people often commit is underestimating turns and Chaerin knows that she's seen dozens of people commit it over and over again. She going to see it once more today.

A sharp turn was coming up and the others just continued at the same speed without any calculation, making them hit railings.

Chaerin smirked knowing exactly what to do.

As soon as she got into position, she lifted her handbrake and quickly turned her steering wheel.

It was one of the things that she could beat her brother at, drifting.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010