thirty four

Graduation was already around the corner and practices were in full swing. The student council as per usual were busy assisting the school with the ceremony.

"Thank god the last practice is tomorrow," Yuqi sighed in relief as she sat in her chair.

"I know right? My head hurts staring at my laptop all day typing documents," Minju agreed, resting her head on the table.

"This is why I didn't want to be secretary," Chani said which earned him a glare from Minju.

"Just a little more guys," Yunho chuckled.

"I can't wait to walk the stage," Han said daydreaming.

"Ahuh, okay so we just have to submit a few more things tomorrow then we're home free," Yunho announced, "You can work on it at home, feel free to ask for help on anything, you may go,"

The student council members then rushed out of the door, all except two members.

Chaerin looked up from her laptop still feeling a presence in the room.

"Han? Are you not going yet?" She asked, her eyebrows raised in question.

"How about you?"

"Oh I just have to finish this document," she with a small smile focusing back on her laptop.

"Say Chaerin," Han started as he sat in front of her, "That guy you were with at the school fair, who was he?" He inquired.

Chaerin stopped typing for a split second before continuing, her posture stiffening slightly.

"Why?" She asked not looking up from her screen.

He shrugged, "He seems familiar,"

This doesn't feel like a friendly inquiry, Chaerin thought but didn't show.

"He's a friend of mine,"

"Hmm? Is that so?" He smiled menacingly, a glint in his eye.

"Yes, what about it?" Chaerin asked looking him in the eye.

Han responded with a small smirk, "Just curious,"

Chaerin let out a small sigh of irritation, "It's none of your business Han," she said with a small edge in her voice.

"Oh but it is," He smiled widely, which made a shiver run down Chaerin's spine.

Chaerin's breathing began to quicken but she tried to keep it at bay. We really don't know people, do we? She thought in horror as his mask drops in front of her.

"And why is that?"

"You see, Mark is such an important part of NCT, and any information on him is vital, especially the ones he cares about," Han explained tilting his head slightly, a smile still plastered on his face.

"Unfortunately a lot of things aren't allowed on school grounds, so we have to do this the hard way," Han sighed grabbing a handkerchief and pouring liquid on it. "So are you going to cooperate or?" He asked wiggling the box cutter he also brought.

"Not a lot of people are still at school grounds, I made sure the guard left and the teachers won't hear you scream since they are all at the auditorium, across the campus,"

"I like you Chaerin, you're a good person, too bad you have to go and associate yourself with Mark Lee," He sighed, shaking his head, feigning disappointment.

"Drop the act," she sneered.

He then lunged for her across the table and she backed away quickly and used both her hands to slam his head on the table.

Being part of a gang did teach her things.

Without another thought, she grabbed her laptop and ran out the door. An angry shout from Han made her quicken her steps.

Chaerin hastily went down the stairs almost tripping numerous times. Adrenaline pushed her to go faster, this was not the adrenaline she liked.

Upon reaching the ground floor she ran towards the front gate, however, when she rounded a corner she bumped into someone.

Dread seeped into her and she was about to fight back when a voice stopped her.

"Chaerin? Are you okay?" Akiro asked concerned, he held her shoulders for support, for she looked like she was about to collapse any moment now.

"Akiro? What are you doing here?"

"My principal asked me to drop off some files. Are you sure you're okay? Is someone after you?" He questioned since Chaerin kept checking behind her.

"I just want to go home,"

"Let us go then."

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010