thirty seven

The morning started slow and quiet, then it quickly escalated to panic and alarm.

Footsteps thundered through the hallways and quick and frantic knocks sounded through the door.

Mark opened the door in confusion, his eyebrows raised in question, curious as to what was the fuss all about this early in the morning,

"What's wrong? Why are you panicking?" He asked the pair who was breathing heavily.

"Chaerin's not in her room and she's not picking up either!" Chenle frantically said.

"Nobody knows where she is! Did she tell you, leave you a note or something?" Jisung said anxiously, Chenle nodding in agreement to his words.

Mark raised an eyebrow and slowly opened his door wider so they can see inside.

The pair was stunned and was about to shout or scream something when Mark quickly shushed them.

"Don't you dare wake her up, if she wakes up because of you, I will cut your tongue," Mark said with a glare.

They backed away slowly, nodding furiously. Chenle and Jisung then swiftly went back down to where some of the members are.

"She's in Mark's room," Chenle announced, making everyone sigh in relief, but as soon as they digested the information they quickly reacted.

"Wait what? Then why isn't she answering her phone?" Yuta asked.

"She's still asleep," Jisung answered.

"She slept in Mark's room? Since when?" Doyoung questioned.

"Damn Mark doesn't even let me go into his room that much, let alone sleep there," Haechan scoffed.

"I don't know, don't ask me, I'm also in the dark like you guys," Chenle replied.

"What's all this commotion about?" Taeyong asked as he entered the room. Jaehyun then proceeded to tell him what happened and Taeyong just responded with a chuckle.

• • •

Chaerin's eyes fluttered open and she was greeted by a surrounding she was not so familiar with. She was about to panic slightly before she remembered the events of the previous night and relaxed back into the bed.

She sighed and lay in bed, not making a move to get up. She then heard the faint sounds of the shower coming from the bathroom, moments later, the door opened to reveal Mark freshly showered.

"Oh good morning," he greeted with a soft smile.

"Morning, what time is it?"

"Quarter to ten," He answered, drying his hair with a towel.

Chaerin groaned and buried herself back into the pillows, "I'm too lazy to get up,"

Mark chuckled and approached her on the bed, sitting beside her.

"Sorry, but you have to, don't you have practice in the afternoon?"

Chaerin tensed remembering that information. Mark saw this and quickly assured her.

"Hey, the dreamies will make sure nothing happens, plus he already fled,"

Chaerin turned to Mark and sat up hearing this information.

"What do you mean fled?"